Page 2 of 122 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny

1. The new preview video looks promising and Martin O'Donnell is composing some seriously good music.

The only thing is that it doesn't seem that far off the beaten path from the Halo fiction and Halo 4 had some similar conceptual designs of Requiem. I'll be looking forward to the game since it's ambitious but I hope it doesn't become TOO derivative.

2. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    The only two I know of are both still running, and Planetside has been doing so for 10 years.
    Planetside isn't that great.

3. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    The only two I know of are both still running, and Planetside has been doing so for 10 years.
    Planetside isn't that great. It's a great idea and formula but a lot more can be done with it.

4. I wasn't saying it was great or perfect, just that saying a particular subset of a genre always fails doesn't make a lot of sense when the only major entry ever made did fairly well for itself.

5. This will be nothing like Planetside. With targeting current gen, there's not going to be more than 16 players on screen. It sounds more structured like the original Guild Wars, with hub towns and dungeon instances.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

6. Quote Originally Posted by AaronChance View Post
    This will be nothing like Planetside. With targeting current gen, there's not going to be more than 16 players on screen. It sounds more structured like the original Guild Wars, with hub towns and dungeon instances.
    MAG has 256 players on one map and works just fine.

7. No PC version (maybe) because screw PCs.

James

8. I'm excited for this.
    Boo, Hiss.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    No PC version (maybe) because screw PCs.

James
    That's the most arrogant load of shit I've read in a while. Halo did nothing to change the genre is a positive way.