Page 3 of 122 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny

1. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    That's the most arrogant load of shit I've read in a while. Halo did nothing to change the genre is a positive way.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frabz-hey--U-MAD-BRO-b22111.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	68771  

2. Ugh.

The Wonka meme was actually slightly funny before you ruined it

like Halo ruined FPS forever

3. Quote Originally Posted by dave is ok View Post
    Ugh.

The Wonka meme was actually slightly funny before you ruined it

like Halo ruined FPS forever
    It's going to be okay Dave.

4. I'd be really surprised if it doesn't show up on PCs since it's basically free money. There's no console owners mucking things up and it's an online-only game so there will be no significant piracy. I expect we'll hear about a PC port when the next gen console versions are unveiled.

I don't really care about the lack of a PC version. It was the comment that got me riled up.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I don't really care about the lack of a PC version. It was the comment that got me riled up.
    That's exactly it. I don't care if Destiny is a PSP exclusive, because I'm never going to play it. Being proud of lobotomizing a genre (on the same week System Shock 2 is re-released, to boot) was the bit that left me unimpressed.

James

7. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Halo did nothing to change the genre is a positive way.
    Yes it did. I've played pretty much every significant FPS of note and Halo is one of the best. Open level designs, great AI, razor sharp combat mechanics, good challenge level without relying on quicksave crutches. It's a great game. It also holds up better than pretty much all of its PC contemporaries.

Halo held up so well they already did a remake, right? That year saw AvP2, Undying, Tribes 2, Ghost Recon, Serious Sam, Red Faction, etc. as well. I'm not a fan of all of those, but I'd take AvP2 and Undying over Halo all day, every day. And quick saving is a crutch, but regenerating health isn't?

edit: I had Halo when it came out too, and I'll readily admit that I liked the world Bungie created, but to act as though it did anything for the genre except broaden its mainstream appeal is just as unfounded as making the same case for Goldeneye.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 18 Feb 2013 at 12:37 PM.

9. Halo has the worst inorganic (indoor) level design ever. This game will be a hard sell without a PC, 720 or PS4 SKU in 2014. At least for me, I am not even buying 360 and PS3 games anymore, really.

This will sound funny coming from me, but be careful treading that path. I initially missed some pretty damn good games because I moved on from the 16-bit and PS2/GC/Xbox generations too quickly and completely. Although this generation reminds me more of the 32-bit generation, where it couldn't end soon enough, so that may be less of a risk here.