Page 7 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny

1. I got a Mass Effect vibe from it too. Looks like a ton of nothing new.

2. It's not an MMO. It uses elements from the genre, but everything is instanced. It's Phantasy Star Online in structure.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

3. Some of the info I've read about Destiny - online connectivity required to play the game, allowing players to play most but not all of the missions solo - makes me wish it was more like PSO.

have they mlade any kind of pc announcement? or am i missing out on this?

5. There is no PC version currently in the works. According to them, a PC version would be more difficult than people think.
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

They're hiding behind five platforms being hard when the logical solution to that problem is to kill the last gen garbage that is probably holding back the game as a whole anyway. No, I don't care about Activision's bottom line.

7. I don't think they handled the Halo PC ports either, they probably don't want to deal with working outside locked setups and troubleshooting people's drivers.

Might even be a thing about running servers, depending on who's handling what. They could be relying on Sony and MS to do all of that.

8. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    I don't think they handled the Halo PC ports either, they probably don't want to deal with working outside locked setups and troubleshooting people's drivers.

Might even be a thing about running servers, depending on who's handling what. They could be relying on Sony and MS to do all of that.
    Gearbox did the Halo port. Bungie haven't released a PC game since Myth II.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronChance View Post
    Gearbox did the Halo port. Bungie haven't released a PC game since Myth II.
    well than let gearbox handle the destiny port. its Borderlands enough anyway. i'd just rather play it on my pc. especially since i dont have either "next gen" systems.

10. Maybe Bungie will go all out and show more Destiny goods at E3 but general coverage of it has been so stop and go that it hurts some of the hype for it.

I could see this being a more exciting prospect for early console adopters yearning for a MMO'like game though and I'm sure this will be a good Halo + Borderlands 2 equivalent for the newer consoles. I do wonder how well the game fares in a single player environment with the online requirement but I'm not really all that excited for this on the whole given what's been shown.
    Last edited by Will; 02 May 2014 at 03:28 PM.