Page 1 of 122 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny

1. Arrow Destiny

Bungie showed of their baby for the first time recently and now info is coming out.

Here's the first vid doc from Bungie

And here are first impressions from GameTrailers

Some cliff notes:
    Bungie talked only about the world they are making, started in 2009. No gameplay was shown, some animation demos, music and a ton of art along with the basic story. There are more questions than answers given.

The entire company is working on this new series. They plan on taking 10 years to tell the whole story, unknown how many games it will be.

No release date given, they were told it's being built for 360 and PS3 and "optimized" for next gen.

It's not an MMO, but it's a persistent world. Co-op is going to be pretty important (sounds Borderlandish to me). They intend Destiny to be "the future of shooters."

Hit any gaming site right now and you'll see Destiny info front and center.

2. Big hoopla about nothing, given how little information was actually put out.

3. It sounds like the original Halo project Bungie started before Microsoft bought them out.

Every first person MMO has mostly failed thus far. Will Bungie buck the trend?

I have no idea! It's impossible to tell from this press conference!
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

4. There was thoroughly underwhelming

5. Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    Every first person MMO has mostly failed thus far.
    All two of them?

6. It's still all of them.

7. The only two I know of are both still running, and Planetside has been doing so for 10 years.

8. I'm aware of Planetside, and I don't think it's exactly set the world on fire.

I'm not saying it doesn't have it's fans. But it's not a game changing MMO on the order of WoW.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

"The future of shooters" is console only. lol

10. Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    I'm aware of Planetside, and I don't think it's exactly set the world on fire.

I'm not saying it doesn't have it's fans. But it's not a game changing MMO on the order of WoW.
    That makes it "mostly failed?" You have a very strict definition of success.