Page 41 of 122 FirstFirst ... 273739404142434555 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny

1. That's how games-as-a-service works. It's kind of great. People don't cotton to the "sorry you hated our last game, we fixed all that stuff here" like they do with regular games.

2. It's Activision. This series would never be a one and done.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    It sure hasn't hurt sales. It's somewhat unfortunate that hype sells, seemingly above all else, because even the reviews are pretty middling. It's like that episode of Beavis & Butthead: "Why is he famous?" "Because he's on TV." "Why is he on TV?" "Because he is famous."
    Review scores affect launch day sales more for sequels, and a lot of the hype is because it's a developer that has made a number of popular games. "Why is he famous?" "Because he made four movies that were gradually more and more successful."

Right, but that's still just hype. I suspect there were a lot of people who bought the game without understanding what genre it was even.

5. He made four movies and then his physical appearance was completely altered and changed his name and never referred to his previous movies except that the back of his helmet kind of looked like the front of his new helmet on the movie poster, so there was no way you'd recognize the actor unless you were more savvy than the normal person

and then 500 million dollars were pumped into the commercials for his new movie
    Donk

6. From the sounds of it I'm glad I've waited on this. I enjoyed the Alpha and the Beta enough, but wasn't pulled in enough to buy it at launch.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

7. Titanfall vs. Destiny. Who wins?
    Go.

8. ........Gamers?
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

9. Got my first legendary engram drop.

It was a cape.

For another class.

*flips table*

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Titanfall vs. Destiny. Who wins?
    Go.
    The people that waited for the sequel, feels like.
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 17 Sep 2014 at 03:19 PM.

10. burnt