Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Killer is Dead (360, PS3, PC)

1. I'm playing on Hard without using Mika tickets and what in the fuck, the boss fights are really good and pretty damn tough. It took me forever to beat the first two real stages, lol.

2. I got stuck on the "button mashing" check on the moon boss; had to do the whole knuckle wrapped in my shirt and rub it over the X button trick that I haven't done since Mortal Kombat SNES.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

3. Quote Originally Posted by AstroBlue View Post
    This coming from someone who thought Shadows of the Damned and Lollipop Chainsaw we're some of the most fun games this generation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    Lollipop Chainsaw seemed okay, Shadows of the Damned was okay
    I don't even know who you people are anymore.

I'll end up buying this when it hits $10 and immediately regretting it like I do with almost every Grasshopper purchase. Does it at least not have the cringingly god-awful penis jokes and breaking of the fourth wall that they love to awkwardly insert? I love Suda51's concepts, I just wish we could get another good follow-through like Killer 7.

4. There has been one lame fourth wall joke. There have been no penis jokes. I like the tone of the game so far.

5. A Robot Bit Me, have you considered a career as a late night talk show host? Because "Killer is Dumb" is really funny

6. More like Filler is Dead/Dumb/Deaf/Blind this game has no slow spots it's just EXTREME ACTION NAKED CHICKS AWESOME POWER UPS RADICAL DESIGN OFF THE WALL REFERENCES BRILLIANCE

anyone who doesn't appreciate Suda51 is clearly a casual gamer

if you can't stand the heat get out the kitchen

KiD hardcore as fuck

7. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    There has been one lame fourth wall joke. There have been no penis jokes. I like the tone of the game so far.
    That's at least partially reassuring. This is getting hit pretty hard in reviews, so maybe I won't have to wait too long for some huge price cuts.

8. I agree with Tyler Durden.

I should be supporting this game at launch, but, well, I'm not. See y'all after the inevitable price slash!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
    A Robot Bit Me, have you considered a career as a late night talk show host? Because "Killer is Dumb" is really funny
    I didn't do that!

10. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    I don't even know who you people are anymore.

I'll end up buying this when it hits $10 and immediately regretting it like I do with almost every Grasshopper purchase. Does it at least not have the cringingly god-awful penis jokes and breaking of the fourth wall that they love to awkwardly insert? I love Suda51's concepts, I just wish we could get another good follow-through like Killer 7.
    I got this because I'm a sucker for XSEED CEs. Art book is nice and soundtrack is really good.

What comes after is completely split between indifference, disgust, and appreciation.

I didn't read a lot about this game, thinking maybe if I hadn't, then the hype machine wouldn't get my hopes up & I'd appreciate it for what it is. Which is...hmmm...think combat parts Bayonetta, without any of the genuine hilarity of bombast, although Killer is Dead tries so hard it hurts (and it's embarrassing).

The combat is pretty good! Better than No More Heroes for sure, kinda like Bayonetta in the sense that all the basics you need to get through fights are available from the get go. However you can spend crystals to bump up the effectiveness of certain moves, learn new ones, and augment your speed, etc. Then there are sub-weapons that can turn the tide of a fight, manage crowd control, and find hidden rooms.

However to get those sub-weapons, you have to do these weird creeper-games of "stare at the stereotyped women without her catching you" which somehow leads to sex...and her making advanced weaponry for you...it's so dumb. It's the kind of edgy that tries too hard, the kind of so-called sexiness and eroticism written by or for 16-year old boys (and the men who behave like them). It's ridiculous without being Bayonetta - cringe worthy and embarrassing.

The story stuff feels the same way. Like someone emulating Killer 7's SUDA51 - it's weird, but in a kinda forced and predictable way. At least the game looks like Killer 7's spiritual sequel - tons of crazy color combinations, visual filters, and one boss fight that is perceptually bending in the same interesting way...

So far, I'd say waiting on this to be $20 would be a good idea. Then again, I'm looking to unload this game for $40 or so - I like the combat and all, but that minigame is creepsville...
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.