Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Killer is Dead (360, PS3, PC)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    It's the kind of edgy that tries too hard, the kind of so-called sexiness and eroticism written by or for 16-year old boys (and the men who behave like them). It's ridiculous without being Bayonetta - cringe worthy and embarrassing
    Aside from Bayonetta - which is pretty much in a league of its own alongside maybe Vanquish or Metal Gear Rising - what is as edgy as this game? I'm not talking so much about the sex as the violence, the bananas storyline, the pop culture references, the could-give-a-fuck attitude, etc. Sure this game tries hard to be edgy, but I think it succeeds in being edgy. It's edgy like Shadows of the Damned was edgy. If Shadows of the Damned was a gonzo Resident Evil 4, Killer is Dead is an indie God of War.

I fucking love this game. Gameplay, visuals, story, music, overall vibe, all immaculate. Can't wait for Suda51/Grasshopper's next one. 9/10

Hero, that question wasn't rhetorical, if you know of games edgier than Killer is Dead please list them, so I can order them off Amazon ASAP. KiS edgier than a ****** tho

2. My laziness pays off again, as a PC version is coming May 9th for $20. Includes:
    •Nightmare Mode difficulty: Enemies can only be defeated using the following attacks: Adrenaline Burst, Dodge Burst, Headshots, so the gameplay requires far more skill and tactics. Additionally, you won’t be able to use the Final Judgement finisher (QTE mode) to defeat enemies.
    •Smooth Operator Pack for console included and unlocked after Episode 3.
    •Theater Mode: Rewatch cutscenes and extended background information on characters after the first playthrough

3. I liked this game a good amount, but it's hard to tell if the new difficulty will be worth playing right away. I'll probably grab it for real cheap down the line.

It's a good game with some serious tech issues on consoles (no vsync and a 30fps cap makes for constant harsh screen tearing even when it manages to perform at 100%, unheard of for a console game), so a PC port is pretty important imo.

When I saw this thread, I had that stupid Konami game with the detachable head in mind. Then I saw the PC port news elsewhere and realized both what this really was and why it got bumped. I'm still not sure I care, but at least there is doubt, as oppose to my complete lack of interest in what I now remember is really called Neverdead.

I honestly wish we could get a PC port of Shadows of the Damned.

5. The PC port is out today. Unsurprisingly, the game looks absolutely sick downsampled from super high resolutions and running at 60fps. It's such a massive leap over the constantly-tearing, jaggy, and sub-30fps console versions, and these upsides benefit this game more than most. Unfortunately it's locked at 30fps by default and I don't think the resolution selection in-game goes over 1080p, but it's Unreal Engine 3 so getting around these things is basic INI editing.
    Last edited by Tain; 24 May 2014 at 01:30 AM.