Page 1 of 28 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3DS, Wii U)

1. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3DS, Wii U)

There's a small Japanese 3DS Tri G thread from ages ago, but maybe it's best we start a new thread incorporating both the 3DS and the Wii U localized releases coming soon:

March 19th release date.

3DS and Wii U demos are now available in respective eShops.

Yes, people might get confused with the three posts in the existing thread if we don't start a new one.

3. So this Wii U game is just a port of the Wii game and the real sequel is on 3DS, right? I'm always confused with this Monster Hunter stuff.

In typical Capcom fashion, they're releasing 3 on everything they can ahead of the release of 4, which is the 3DS exclusive, for now. Where hilarity ensued is that all the Nintendo fans are now rabid for this garbage series, because they think it's going to stay exclusive, as if anything Capcom makes ever does.

5. Quote Originally Posted by epmode View Post
    So this Wii U game is just a port of the Wii game and the real sequel is on 3DS, right? I'm always confused with this Monster Hunter stuff.
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is an expanded version of Monster Hunter Tri (Wii). The Wii U version is an HD port of the 3DS version with online play and voice chat.

6. This series is meh.

Quote Originally Posted by epmode View Post
    So this Wii U game is just a port of the Wii game and the real sequel is on 3DS, right? I'm always confused with this Monster Hunter stuff.
    Ed, this is easy. The way monhun works is you have a main title release, like Monster Hunter, and then later they put out the "G" version, like Monster Hunter G. This adds different colored variations of existing monster species plus new weapons, armors, and more. So there's been Monster Hunter and MH G, Monster Hunter Dos and MHD G, and finally Monster Hunter Tri and MHT G. The WiiU and 3DS releases are both the same game, MHT G, previously unreleased in the US.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

8. Meh.

I'm really disappointed Portable 3rd got left on PSP and out of international release. The more feudal Japan turn they took with that game's look and culture was way more compelling to me than the tribal caveman pastiche they've done every other game.

MH4 looks a bit of an improvement on that front, though. Hopefully it actually has real online, unlike the 3DS version of this.

Blame Nintendo for that. I do.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

10. Because Monster Hunter games aren't usually released with only local multiplayer, and then Capcom says, "Okay here's a console release that looks a bit better and it has online" and everyone doesn't crap their pants over that one.

MONSTER HUNTER SUCKS, MZO, BUT I WAS GOING TO GET THE WII U ONE JUST TO PLAY WITH YOU.
    Donk