Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: What I Learned Today

1. Nope.

2. This thread is going exactly as SSJN planned I am sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    For sales maybe. Some people don't write to sell a million copies though. Hell, I'm not sure how much of the Daily Show and Colbert audience is literate.
    If the Daily Show and Colbert audiences are illiterate, the Fox News audience is struggling with stone tools and fire.

3. No thread ever does. But at least there's some discussion of some sort.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    In doing some reading for my Comp class, I learned that in 1863, a riot started at a Provost Marshal's office in mid-Manhattan. Draft numbers were being drawn (for the Civil War), and people went nuts. They threw bricks through the office windows, beat up the people who were in the office, and rampaged through town. "It (the mob) set fires and lynched as many black people as it could lay its hands on. It burned down a black orphanage and did its best to destroy the people who came out of the burning building." In a week's time, about 1000 people were badly wounded or killed.
    I believe this was shown at the end of Gangs of New York.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

5. Was that when the Butcher wouldn't make room on the raft so Jack had to freeze in the water?

Today I learned that if vegetables are sold bundled, and not by the pound, you can put multiple bunches into one bag and only get charged for one.

I actually learned this a while ago, but put it into practice again today.

7. Stealing vegetables. The life of the criminal hippie.

I am a criminal. I've never once claimed to be anything else. Every day I'm hustling vegetables.

Anyway. I think Whole Foods can take A $6 loss. Note: I would never ever even consider doing this at the farmers market, or any of the corner stores around here.

9. We all do our dirt one way or another. very little judgment here.

I see what you did with that text there.