Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51517181920 LastLast

Thread: What I Learned Today

1. Shine is back?

Did we all of a sudden get an influx of underage boys?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    I'm actually doing this too. The truth is, I wanted to learn Python, and so I stumbled upon MIT Opencourseware Intro to Programming, which uses Python. They don't screw around at MIT. They're doing 3rd quarter stuff by week 5.
    I just started this same course and then I read this. Now we're steppin' into the twighlight zone!
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

3. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Shine is back?

Did we all of a sudden get an influx of underage boys?
    Boredom brought me back for a short time.

4. Today I learned that Gotham City is in NJ, and that Metropolis is in Delaware.

Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

how to sit in a chair

Like a boss

The get up at 0:16 reveals that he is trolling.

8. I just learned willy-nilly use of the word "fascism" is not the new problem I thought it was. This sentence might have easily had "Diff-Chan" and "October 23, 2014" next to it:

"The word Fascism has now no meaning except in so far as it signifies 'something not desirable.'" - George Orwell, "Politics and the English Language," 1945
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 23 Oct 2014 at 12:20 PM.

9. I try to use fascism within its original context, but its a losing battle.

I am reading a book called Command & Control, which is about the development of the nuclear weapons program in the USA. It's pretty incredible. I've learned so much. The deadliest weapons ever concocted were controlled by lunatics, warmongers, and idiots. The fact that we are still here as a species is a miracle.

You get to the part where they dropped one on Baltimore and it didn't go off because one of the triggers was made poorly?