Page 1 of 9 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 World Baseball Classic

2013 World Baseball Classic

Australia and Chinese Taipei kick off the 2013 World Baseball Classic tonight! The US plays its first game against Mexico a week from tonight. Here is the full schedule.

2. Is there any way to watch the games online? I have to kick my uverse up a tier to get the MLB network (and nothing else I really want).
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

3. USA has a strong team this year. Hopefully we can whip some butt this time around and make it to the finals. I know the players (especially the MLB ones) aren't in full baseball mode yet but I'd like to see them take the WBC a little more seriously.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

4. I'm hoping Canada gets over the embarrassment of 2009 and the ridiculousness of the 2006 rules, and make it to the second round. That said, I'm so pumped for this. I know no one cares about this tournament, but I love seeing baseball celebrated on a truly international stage.

People who don't care about this have no soul. There's not much better in sports than playing for your country, whether it's the Olympics, the World Cup, this, or anything else. Fucking curling matters when it's against another country.

6. Eh, the cream of the crop isn't there. I do kinda agree with you, though, so consider me fairly soulless.

The cream of the crop is even more soulless. I get Verlander's excuse, having played in October, but if you weren't pitching in the World Series or told by your team you couldn't play, fuck you.

8. gah...I dont have cable and the games aren't on mlb.tv so I can't watch 'em. Though I'll get to see Yanks vs Dominican Republic on wednesday so thats something. I just want to see the Latin American and the Japan vs Korea games. They are usually pretty wild.

9. Found out that I could get a $50 visa gift card if I upgraded for at least 30 days which ran me $17. I guess AT&T wanted to pay me to watch the tourney.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

10. I've never gotten into the WBC but like Yoshi said, when it's your country versus another then it isn't that hard to get into. Some of the first round games are being played at here in Phoenix and Scottsdale, might hit up Stubhub on payday and scoop up some tickets.
    "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert