Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RetroN 4, er, 5 (FC, NES, SNES, Genesis, and GBA Clone w/ HDMI)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    Yeah. If this supports HDMI out, what are the chances that it's actually natively executing the games? This sounds like emulation, and if that is indeed the case then a PC would probably do a better job after the right configuration.
    I agree.

But considering the event they're unveiling it at, I imagine it's targeted at those blokes that like playing with their original carts.

2. Yeah, it would be kind of the same appeal as that Retrode rom-dumper-with-controller-adapters thing. A standalone machine that actually plays the games is the next step from that. I could see the emulation on something with such a narrow focus being better than on Ouya or a tablet or whatever, too, but who knows.

3. I just know there will be some retard that wants to use this with flash carts.

The presentation was pretty impressive and really ends before the 11:00 mark. After that it's just Q&A. They added a Famicom slot, save states, up-conversion to 720p, audio interpolation, mappable buttons, and overclocking. No price was announced, but he said it would be under $100.

I remain interested, since I don't currently have a Genesis, NES, or SNES and would like to be able to make my GameCube and its valuable component cables completely obsolete as well.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 24 Mar 2013 at 10:38 AM.

5. I'm interested in this as well. Neat little device if it works well.

6. Save states and region-free play interest me. I need to see compatibility and emulator quality first though.

Famicom support
    Wireless controllers with a microswitched d pad
    HDMI out, upscales games
    Use any original controller you want with any system
    Capable of firmware updates

If they get this right, they can shut up and take my money. I am concerned about the fact that they couldn't answer the question about video filters, and I'm not sure about the system "improving" the original systems' audio.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

8. Yeah. Looking more and more like they need to shut up and take my money.