Thread: 2013 Fantasy Baseball

1. 2013 Fantasy Baseball

After a year off due to lack of interest.
    I'm going to try to resurrect the TNL Fantasy Baseball experience!
    League password: nick

It's still Roto, I'm sorry but after trying out a couple of seasons of H2H in a couple of different formats I've come to hate it with a passion. H2H only works in a sport like Football with once a week matchups.

I've slightly changed the standard 5x5 format into a 6x6 one. I've added OPS and Holds to the already established set of AVG, R, SB, HR, RBI, ERA, WHIP, SV, K, & W. I've always wanted a league that valued setup men and other relievers and Holds seems to be the only stat they alone value. I needed a batting stat to even it out with and OPS is one of the better judges of pure hitting.

I'm open to roster and rule suggestions. Right now I've got it at 11 batting slots (8 normal and 3 utility) and 11 pitching slots (5 starters and 6 revilers). This way you've got a little flexibility with your hitters and will have to juggle closers and other relievers however they see fit in order to rank high in saves and holds. And then 12 bench spots with 3 DL spots.

There needs to be a solid limit on innings pitched and roster moves. I went with 200 innings per SP and 70 per RP roster spot. This may be too much but I'd need to do some more number crunching or have some input to find out. I set the transactions limit to 70 and there was zero thought behind that so feel free to correct me to something that makes more sense.

I really only want people to join if they will at least pay attention to their teams all season. It can seem like you're out of the race early on but correct roster moves and a good manager can bring teams back over the course of the remaining months. If needed I can get 2 more people who will play all season and pay attention to whats going on. And if you've got a friend who you know will too I'm open to having them in. I just want a full league of people playing all season. I've got it set to 10 teams right now but if for some reason we need more I can always adjust.

As of right now the draft is setup as an Auction format on Sunday March 31st at 3:30 PM EST. Just about 5 hours before the season officially begins. This is also open for debate but the closer to the start of the season the better.

[edit]Thread closed due to lack of interest.
    Last edited by Timber; 18 Mar 2013 at 08:01 PM.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in