Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Outland: Official Late to the Party Thread

1. Outland: Official Late to the Party Thread

Ok, so I'm sure many of you are long done with this one, but I just found it and it doesn't have a thread. That struck me as odd. this is not only a bullet hell platformer, which I've never even heard of before, but it is also Ikaruga: the platformer. I'm a decent way in, and so far my only complaint is that I wish the environments had variety. But really, everything kinda needs to be monochrome so you can zone out and zone in on the red and blue bullets. It was threatening to be too easy, but it is picking up. The feel is also great. It flows real good.

So what the heck, TNL? Where is the talk for this one?

This thread should be about the post Bloom County strip.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    This thread should be about the post Bloom County strip.
    Agreed!

It's much better than this pretty, yet dull platformer.

Cheebs, if you're looking for discussion you can likely find it in the XBL thread.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

4. Dull? I'm not seeing that. They're pretty clever with the placement of enemy and bullet colors.

5. I was thinking Outcast. I came in here to see what the recommended mods for it are. So disappointed!

James
    Last edited by James; 10 Mar 2013 at 03:16 PM.

6. This game kind of blows. Nice art direction aside, it's an incredibly dull, repetitive game. I really didn't like it.

7. I thought it was alright, but apparently not alright enough for me to ever get very far. Once every like six months or so I knock out another couple levels before going back to something else better.

8. This thread sucks.
    Boo, Hiss.

9. Shitty thread, shitty game.

10. I am at the end of this game. My worry about too easy might be halfway to a valid concern, but I am not seeing the dull that is supposed to be in here. Shit is exciting, yo. The whole game is smooth like digital butter. I unleash death changing colors on a level somewhere below my conciousness, because the pace is too great for regular human thought. Sections that I once tiptoed through are now danced through.

I just wish the game had a much much much much shorter life bar and no bullet clearing spell.