Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World of Tanks

World of Tanks

I've mentioned this game in passing a few times in the last year. It is a MMO tank game.

Oh, and it is free! And the graphics are somewhere between ps2-ps3. Pretty damn good for a free game. But not quite current gen.

Gameplay is you're in a tank, and you drive around and shoot each other. You do not respawn after death and you have a limited amount of ammo going to each map. Each tank can be upgraded with new turrets, guns, tracks, radios, etc. To get new tanks, you have to level through a certain path on a previous tank (think design history, like you level up this tanks gun, and eventually you can unlock the next tank, where you might have to level up its radio to get the tank after that)

There are like 5 types of tanks. Light, Medium, Heavy, Tank Destroyer (sniper and camper), and Artillery. Light are super fast but have shit armor and guns, Medium is the everyman tank, Heavy's have good guns and armor but are slow as shit, Tank Destroyers have great guns, medium speed and only good armor in certain places. Artillery calls down fire on any place on the map but has the worst armor.

Each country has historically correct tanks, and in the correct release order. This means that you have to start with 1920s/30s tanks and work yourself up.

Each tank can be equipped with special items to use in battle.

The game is paid/premiums. You can pay for all sorts of stuff like gold ammo, special perks, a premium account that nets you more exp and silver for each completed map.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 14 Mar 2013 at 05:37 PM.

promo code for this weekend 2NDBDAYTANKS

get a free day of premium and

1 Day of Premium
    5 Cases of Cola
    5 Chocolate
    5 Improved Combat Rations
    5 Pudding and Tea
    5 Strong Coffee
    5 Extra Combat Rations

5. You know how some people are REALLY into model trains?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. I think that's kinda cool though, go for it man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. I like the game, a few rounds here and there are fun, it's like super slow Counter Strike, but with TANKS instead of dudes. There are dudes in the tanks sometimes, but they don't do anything.

its a pretty cool game. And free. Don't deprive yourself of it because of the 'IP' factor

Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    I like the game, a few rounds here and there are fun, it's like super slow Counter Strike, but with TANKS instead of dudes. There are dudes in the tanks sometimes, but they don't do anything.
    its all about finding a tank that fits your playing style. Personally I like the hetz and stug tank destroyers. They play more like snipers. Sometimes I use the PzIV when I want to brawl or the Stuart 5 for scouting.

10. GomTV/Gretech (the company that runs the GSL) is starting a league for this game. If/when this game gets featured in a big tournament, it'll be yet another one dominated by Koreans, like Starcraft 2 and League of Legends.