Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your Most Watched TV Years. (Hey everyone, it's a list!)

1. I loved Beakman's World. I think I watch more TV shows now than I ever have before.

2. List 'em!

3. Face Off
    Hawaii 5-O
    Shameless (UK and US)
    House of Lies
    Archer
    Legit
    The Americans
    Breaking Bad
    Bob's Burgers
    Grimm
    Californication
    Conan
    Colbert Report
    Mad Men
    Justified
    Sons of Anarchy
    Spartacus
    Top Gear (UK and US)
    Parks and Rec
    Community
    Falling Skies
    Walking Dead
    House of Cards
    Real Husbands of Hollywood
    Fringe and 30 Rock (finished)

Netflix fills in the gaps based on what the new TV schedule is like. When the DVR is in full workout, I just watch movies/docus. When TV is quite I mix in Instant TV shows and anime with the movies.

4. I used to watch quite a bit of TV as a kid. Definitely Nickelodeon stuff (I really liked Snick, I remember watching it alone in my parents bedroom because they were usually watching something saturday nights), the Mario/Zelda stuff when I could catch it, Sonic the Hedgehog was always syndicated in the mornings when I was in grade school. Oh, and Power Rangers was huge for me in the 1st grade. Around the 5th grade, Pokemon—my first website, a tripod site, was all about it. Ah, '98.

In high school the only real TV I watched was Late Night with Conan O'Brien. I saw it pretty much every night, and that was pretty awesome. It's really the only thing I miss about not having a TV next to my desk (or not having cable most of the last five years). At this time, though, I was buying a lot of DVDs and I got into some TV shows like Twin Peaks, Upright Citizens Brigade, Deep Space 9, Arrested Development, Evangelion... I had 56k until like 2004 so it was DVDs for me for several years. I spent a lot of money on 'em and I haven't bought one in years.

I almost exclusively rely on web based content, Netflix, and torrents nowadays. There are some shows I do make an effort to watch immediately, even if it's just downloading the torrent a few hours after it airs (Doctor Who, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones). Most others have already finished their runs. But what the hay, some highlights of the past few years:

Six Feet Under, Deadwood*, The Wire*, Weeds*, Parks & Recreation, Survivorman, Firefly, Buffy the Vampire Slayer*, Walking Dead*, Trailer Park Boys, Community, Quantum Leap, Doctor Who (1963 onward), Life on Mars... I could probably keep going.

*denotes that these are still ongoing for me