Page 1 of 23 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 4

1. Battlefield 4

Battlefield 4 will be officially debuted on March 26. I will be interested to see what BF4 will bring to the series. One of the biggest hopes is the return of the commander role. Sorely missed in the Bad Company games, and still a much wanted feature in 3, the commander would be a much welcome return to the series. A big hope for consoles, at least for next gen, is the inclusion of 64 players. One rumor that doesn't sound very good is that the game will be easier to pick up and play for people like CoD players. Not sure what this could mean. Hopefully just like an mp tutorial or something where you can learn to fly and play the classes in an offline mode before jumping into the real thing. Also rumored is that next gen consoles will run the game at 60 fps.
    Last edited by ElCapichan; 17 Mar 2013 at 02:19 PM.

2. A teaser was released for BF4, and it really is a teaser. Nothing much except detailing the full trailer will come out on the 27th.

http://vine.co/v/bpeapQiWB3l

3. An alleged leak on setting and time of game along with some other tid bits:

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/1...etting-leaked/

Battlefield 4 is being developed on Frostbite 2.5 and features Destruction 4.0 - allowing for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 style effects - tessellation and dynamic weather affects. As with Battlefield 3 the next entry in the series' primary platform will be PC. Earlier reports had suggested DICE were aiming for 1080 P and 30 FPS on PS4 and Xbox 720. The PC version of the game will include DirectX 11 compatibility.

Each map in the game will be subject to various weather conditions including fog, sandstorms, rain and haze with these being completely random according to the leak.
    The game is believed to be set in China during 2020 and will feature three factions, China, the United States and the PLA. The title's single player campaign is expected to run in at just 5-6 hours.
    Battlefield 4's multiplayer maps are thought to include Diaoyu Island, Tianamen, Shanghai Bund, Xizhimen and Xizhimen Rush. The series' Commander system is expected to make a return while the skill system has been significantly overhauled. The game will feature microtransactions though they will not affect the balance of the game.
    The title's DLC will bring four maps to the game; Dalian Power Station, Daping Oil Field, The Great Wall of China and classic series map Wake Island.

4. The alleged leak is supposedly fake, but only a few days till we find out for real. Also there is a new teaser video that shows a little bit (hardly anything) more.

5. I will be bummed if DICE doesn't go back to the crazy destructability of BC2. I really enjoyed that there. It actually had a real effect on the game and made everything dynamic. No two matches played out the same way.

The way they dialed it back in BF3 turned it into a novelty or a gimmick.

6. I'd like a happy medium, though if they did a good job designing the maps around full destruction then it could work really well. There were some buildings in BC2 that were indestructible, but it was amazing to take down the foundations of a house with a group of snipers in the top and crush them all. The big fear that people have is if everything is destructible, then you just have an open map with no cover. This is where good map design would make that point null. I am trying to remember most maps from BC2, as I don't recall there being many big city maps like in BF2 and BF3, which made destruction a lot easier. Regardless, I am excited for the game.

7. There weren't big city maps, but I guess I never noticed.

I'm fine with an open map with no cover, if it's the end result of lots of fighting. That's my point - the game changed on the fly like that. It was awesome.

BC2 is probably my favorite shooter of last gen.

8. I would definitely like more destruction, but I think I would like the larger buildings to just be able to have the walls knocked down but not actually collapse. So I'd say way more smaller destructible buildings and a few big semi destructible buildings.

9. This game will be Battlefield 3.5. Add commanders and all the VOIP channels from BF2 and call them "new features". BF3 was held back from EA's greed to put an inferior version out onto consoles.That being said, I'd love to see Dalian Plant back as well as Great Wall. I'll build a new machine as I always do for the game.

I know EA would never do it, but I'd really love to see the scope and vision of the series change into something akin to Planetside 2. The size and tactics of that game companied with the movement and gunplay of the Battlefield series would be the game of forever for shooter fans.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    There weren't big city maps, but I guess I never noticed.

I'm fine with an open map with no cover, if it's the end result of lots of fighting. That's my point - the game changed on the fly like that. It was awesome.

BC2 is probably my favorite shooter of last gen.
    BC2 had alot going for it and it runs a close race with BF3 for me. I still play on PC from time to time. If you ever wanna play on Steam, I'm installed and ready to wreck fools. Shit, I think I'll play some today!