Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strider (PC, PSN, XBLA)

1. I always assumed the entire point of Osman being called what it was because it was from a different company that didn't have the license.

It's a Mitchell game, at any rate.

2. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    I always assumed the entire point of Osman being called what it was because it was from a different company that didn't have the license.

It's a Mitchell game, at any rate.
    Yeah, basically this. It was one of those "I left the company so I can't make a sequel but I totally will anyway" games. Like Metal Slug or whatever.

3. Curious about who is developing. I'm assuming a Western studio due to the PC thing and the look of the logo and icon, but that's a pretty loose guess.

4. Osman deserves its own release. God only knows who has the rights at this point.

5. Osman is a really hard game. It plays well, but damn hard.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

6. I wouldn't mind seeing Isuke as the project lead on this, as long as it stays 1P. Hopefully there won't be a levelling system, which was something Square Enix demanded in Moon Diver.
    Something like Capcom's Strider 2 with HD graphics is what I'm hoping for- but bring back the robo-animals from the first game, even if the Boost powerup has to go.

Just pray that whoever's in charge won't turn this into some 3D game ala DMC and miss the point entirely.

Mitchell still owns Osman, IINM. Lately they've developed mainly for Nintendo systems.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    That's what happens when you put multiplayer where it doesn't belong, i.e. most places. Interestingly, it doesn't mention any original developer involvement. Who knows who is making this?
    My guess it'll be farmed out to another western dev because you know, asshole gamers convinced Capcom that western > them.

Though in current Capcom's case, this could be very accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

It's true for damn near every Japanese developer. That's not to say every western developer is better, since Rare, Peter Molyneaux, etc. still exist, but the best development houses are almost all outside of Japan now. And even some of the best Japanese talent, e.g. Shinji Mikami, works for western publishers -- Bethesda in his case. He is the best talent Capcom has ever produced by a mile.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 21 Mar 2013 at 08:53 AM.

9. The developer may be Double Helix, the guys behind that wonderful Battleship movie FPS. Rumor at Joystiq. My hopes for this one are not too high at the moment.