Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Transistor - New Game from the Bastion Developers

Transistor - New Game from the Bastion Developers

From Eurogamer:
    Supergiant Games, the talented developer behind 2011 action RPG Bastion, has announced its next project - Transistor.

The sci-fi adventure is set in a futuristic city and stars a young woman, named in an initial reveal trailer as Red.

"Everybody has a voice in Cloudbank. Now the city's most influential voices are disappearing one by one. It is Red's turn," the footage teases.

The game includes isometric gameplay similar to that of Bastion. What appears to be a side-scrolling section is also shown.

Red will fight with an "extraordinary weapon of unknown origin" - what looks like a hulking big sword. Footage suggests it will have a number of uses.

Fans of Bastion will also recognise the vocal talents of Ashley Barrett, who sang on that game's memorable soundtrack.

Supergiant has said it is yet to choose release platforms, although its vague 2014 launch suggests an appearance on next-gen consoles is a possibility.

I loved Bastion. It was the heir to the Mana games that I always wanted but Square-Enix never managed to do. Another game in the same vein but in a new setting sounds great to me! What doesn't sound great is the 2014 release date. That's a long ways away...

Edit: oh my god, I can't believe what I did with the thread name. Can somebody with forum superpowers please change it to "Transistor" and end my humiliation?

Edit Post > Go Advanced

3. Bastion was OK. I didn't finish it because it seemed like there was not much happening and the challenge rooms sucked

4. Yeah, it was gorgeous and well made but bored me to quit.

5. Bastion sucked.

6. I wasn't a huge fan, but I bought it because I like what the developers did. They made a really pretty game without too much help. I'll probably check their new game out as well.
    bastard of the new world order.

7. I liked the narration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. I didn't get very far in Bastion, but it made a good first impression on me. I'm interested.

9. Bastion was a fun, quick little adventure that looked great and sounded great but really just whet my appetite for more. I'm in for this.
    Last edited by Pineapple; 19 Mar 2013 at 10:06 PM. Reason: He's down, too.