Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 46789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XV (PS4, Xbone, Windows, Fuck You Yoshi Edition)

1. I really don't know what they should do with FFXV, but nothing about that trailer says "normal final fantasy" to me.

why is it that someone on every final fantasy design team going back to like 8 is a massive stupid ass?

I can't think of one since 7 where it didn't feel like someone was mucking shit up. Good ideas here and there. But always someone fucking up the execution.

Like that car. Why that car? What since does that car make off road?

I fucking swear. I wish they would stop trying to be so pointless fantastic and try to make things work. You should start with a fantastic idea and work backword, logically. Take the Macross approach. The fantastic idea was giant aliens and transforming jets. Then they worked backward with logic until they built a world around those fantastic ideas that seemed to work.

But there is some guy at square that does the opposite. He takes reasonable things like clothes and adds all kinds of fantastic pointless shit to it.

3. I don't think the car is supposed to be off road...

see it's just part of their wacky adventures

oh god now i'm really looking forward to it and i'm not joking
    Donk

4. it's so fucking stupid, but i think it knows how stupid it is and it's just going to run with it

i'm crying because i'm laughing so hard

the trailer isn't even funny but it has so much potential.

the last time i was this excited for a Final Fantasy game was Final Fantasy VII, and that was right after VI
    Donk

They should be driving the beetle from Time Bokan. Go all the way or go home.

The only thing I liked about that trailer was the scene at the end with the moon and the theme music playing. The car just completely kills the immersion. Even if cars existed in whatever world that is, would they really be identical to ours, down to the license plate?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    The only thing I liked about that trailer was the scene at the end with the moon and the theme music playing. The car just completely kills the immersion. Even if cars existed in whatever world that is, would they really be identical to ours, down to the license plate?
    This! I want a fantasy setting Final Fantasy again. I couldn't get into XII, but at least it was the right setting and that was like 10 years ago.

8. I think the weird road trip vibe is great. Or at least... possibly silly and/or stripped down enough to get away from the mess that was XIII's setting.

I'm more worried about what it means for the gameplay, because I'm not sure they'll be able to pull off a compelling open-world game (if that's even what it is)

9. I'm just glad they took Nomura off of it. Less belt buckles for everybody!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	75108