Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21313334353637 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XV (PS4, Xbone, Windows, Fuck You Yoshi Edition)

1. the campfire was their last campfire and the scene after that was the souls of noct and lunafreya

Curious as to how it's a redo of VIII. Seems like it could be a few of them especially I and VI, but i don't really get how it's VIII more than any of the others.

2. Yeah, it just gave the impression that all four of them died but I don't think there's any reason for any of them besides Noct to be dead. Instead of just the four of them talking and then empty chairs followed by nothing else I wish we could've seen something about what the other three (if they're alive) were doing and/or anyone else major. Just a shot of them entering Hammerhead to see Cid and Cindy or whatever; I felt a bit cheated that they got discussed but never actually showed up in the world of ruin.

As for FFVIII: The particular mixing of heavy fantasy elements with heavy modern day elements, player drivable cars with fuel stations, magic as a consumable resource that has to be drawn up from sources, time travel (very limited in FFXV, but still present), the gigantic steel prison maze, the love interest who hangs out in flower fields and gets surrounded by glowing feathers, the way that pretty much every bad guy in the game has their own reason for doing things and ends up quitting the evil cause to help out the good guys except for the all-powerful evil sorcerer, and other things that start stretching too much like how Noct and Prompto make me think of Squall and Zell. I don't actually think it's a remake, but I feel like there's a lot of elements particular to FFVIII that show up in FFXV.

The bit about Ardyn slightly altering time actually had me believing that the ending would be Noct turning back time to before everything got destroyed in the end. Then I got sad when it was over and I realized that I was wrong and they weren't coming back.
    Last edited by MechDeus; 13 Jan 2017 at 10:30 AM.

3. I keep trying to go back and do the post-game content but instead I just get sad about Noct and Ignis and then don't play at all. Maybe by the time I'm done with Nights of Azure.

4. only ignis died, the boys are fine and so is best girl iris the demon slayer

5. It's not even about death, it's what happened to his eyes. I felt so bad leading him around through that underground dungeon while he struggled to keep up, like I was torturing him by just dragging him around while pretending it was going to be okay. Never again did he interrupt with his silly recipe creations, ripping off food stands across the country. I just want to go back to wacky fun roadtrip adventures

I wish there was a brief work document out there of Nomura's original plan, I would've liked to have seen how he had it set up as a trilogy and what characters were in it.

6. The fact that there's an interesting conversation about the characters, their relationships, and "what happened after..." says a lot for this game, especially compared to the preceding few.

Also, fuck the post-game dungeon very much.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

7. It buries XIII with a shovel, especially for believable and likable characters, and XIII had characters I liked quite a bit!

I seriously want Iris the Daemon Slayer and Aranae and her pals Biggs and Wedge DLC stories, lots of them

8. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    I seriously want Iris the Daemon Slayer and Aranae and her pals Biggs and Wedge DLC stories, lots of them
    If this was a sequel I would totally buy it.

9. I love using Tapatalk and seeing this Ignis on the jet ski gif every time I look at tnl lately. Cracks me up every time.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

10. New patch out raises level cap to 120 and picture capacity to 200.

I don't know that I need those 21 more levels, I beat everything that isn't just grinding the threat below dungeons, but I want those levels. Bandersnatch here I come.