Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 911121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XV (PS4, Xbone, Windows, Fuck You Yoshi Edition)

1. Why do games keep giving us numbers flying out and lifebars over everything? Numbers give you a thing. Lifebars give you the same thing + context. Having both is like slapping a digital clock in the middle of an analogue watch.

Preorder gift:

2. Cool clock Ahmed

3. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Why do games keep giving us numbers flying out and lifebars over everything? Numbers give you a thing. Lifebars give you the same thing + context. Having both is like slapping a digital clock in the middle of an analogue watch.
    Nah, the numbers give you context different from the life bar.

Seeing how much an attack does allows you to see how your damage is increasing in a way that watching a life bar go down doesn't. I appreciate having both.

4. Agreed, but I can understand wanting the option to turn floating numbers off. I would always prefer to be able to switch them on in any game where tweaking numbers is a major aspect of combat.

5. I just think that stuff belongs inside the game's code, not on display in front of God, women, and children.

6. Gamespot fucked up and posted a video earlier than they should have. 9/30 release date with a new demo hitting today.

7. Wow September?? Why did I think it was out this spring sometime? Oh well.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

8. The live stream is NUTS.
    Sakaguchi and Uematsu got trotted out. 5 part anime, first ep now. Full length CG movie.

9. Are they frands with Square again?