Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19293132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XV (PS4, Xbone, Windows, Fuck You Yoshi Edition)

1. I never found it to be worth killing my guys - and since they're always charging in on someone, it's practically impossible to not take collateral damage.
    Boo, Hiss.

2. Played this for a couple hours last night, and so far I'm leaning towards this game being "garbage." There seem to be some good ideas here, but as a whole it feels like a mess. The combat system is very clunky and doesn't feel polished.

3. Now that I can store more than 3 magics at a time, I've become accustomed to creating spells using all 99 resource points, then augmenting them with items to double the potency and chain 4 or 5 times. The last 4 bosses I fought, I hit them with magic when the battle began (and my dudes weren't all up in) and that completely destroyed them.
    If the battle system were at all any fun, I'd feel bad cheesing out like that. But it isn't. So I don't.

4. Outside of XII, nobody plays Final Fantasy for the compelling battles. They're just there to kill time during breaks in the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

5. I've been sailing along, and decided to go find the headlights Cindy wanted. I'm in an underground sewer/facility and its frustrating as hell. There's multiple levels and if the map delineates between an upper level and lower one I haven't figured out how. Also, just about all the enemies are a few levels ahead of me with 30-40,000 hp. My dude can take off 1000 at a time but I keep getting swarmed. Going to run out of potions before I figure out where the hell I'm supposed to be going.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Outside of XII, nobody plays Final Fantasy for the compelling battles. They're just there to kill time during breaks in the story.
    The battle system is what makes or breaks any RPG for me, and Final Fantasy XV's just isn't very good. However, you're statement does make sense, due to the fact that I've disliked most of the Final Fantasy games after part 9.

7. Quote Originally Posted by magnifiedplaid View Post
    The battle system is what makes or breaks any RPG for me, and Final Fantasy XV's just isn't very good. However, you're statement does make sense, due to the fact that I've disliked most of the Final Fantasy games after part 9.
    We're of the same mind on your last sentence, although it could be for different reasons. I just think the stories and characters went to shit after IX. Part of the reason I'm not willing to crucify XV yet is because that doesn't seem to be the case this time around (so far).
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I've been sailing along, and decided to go find the headlights Cindy wanted. I'm in an underground sewer/facility and its frustrating as hell. There's multiple levels and if the map delineates between an upper level and lower one I haven't figured out how. Also, just about all the enemies are a few levels ahead of me with 30-40,000 hp. My dude can take off 1000 at a time but I keep getting swarmed. Going to run out of potions before I figure out where the hell I'm supposed to be going.
    Yeah that's an end game dungeon. Get out
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

9. Go fight the turtle for 3 hours.
    Boo, Hiss.

10. I spammed my way through. Had no idea the generators were part of a different quest so I spent a long time running in circles trying to find the last one only to find I didnt need to find any of them.
    Like someone (finch?) stated, the battle system can be fun when you're facing a single enemy. As soon as there's a crowd though it becomes a huge pain in the ass. Especially if you're in a wooded area. Camera loves to park itself behind a tree.