Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 578910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XV (PS4, Xbone, Windows, Fuck You Yoshi Edition)

1. I'm inherently skeptical of any game with such a long, troubled, and amorphous development cycle, but I don't dislike what I see in the trailer.

The car is weird, especially in the context of a world that seems to have cyberpunk cities full of flying things, but I can also see how it would work for a party-based RPG, letting everyone hop in this small vehicle and talk, giving it kind of a road trip feel. I dunno, something about it seems fun.

2. This still looks fun, and the car is nowhere near as wacky as I found the whole FFVII cell phone thing to be and better implemented than FFVIII's cars. I like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    This! I want a fantasy setting Final Fantasy again. I couldn't get into XII, but at least it was the right setting and that was like 10 years ago.
    FFXIV.

3. I've heard that you stay in the car the whole time but only get out when your party members need to pee at a rest stop; but then Marlboros and Coeurls will attack you.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

4. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    This still looks fun, and the car is nowhere near as wacky as I found the whole FFVII cell phone thing to be and better implemented than FFVIII's cars. I like it.FFXIV.
    A single player FF, please.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    A single player FF, please.
    I know that's what you were after, I just see a lot of people pretend it doesn't exist a lot when the setting is right alongside FFIX, FFIV, FFVI, etc.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    The only thing I liked about that trailer was the scene at the end with the moon and the theme music playing. The car just completely kills the immersion. Even if cars existed in whatever world that is, would they really be identical to ours, down to the license plate?
    I'd say the odds are about as good as an alien from a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away speaking English and looking exactly like Mark Hamill.

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I'd say the odds are about as good as an alien from a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away speaking English and looking exactly like Mark Hamill.
    Well played.

Can you explain it away the same way? That aliens designed our cars and the cars of other planets?

9. I'm told a consequential number of us take that particular notion very seriously indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Can you explain it away the same way? That aliens designed our cars and the cars of other planets?
    If they did the pyramids, I don't see why cars would be out of the question.