Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XV (PS4, Xbone, Windows, Fuck You Yoshi Edition)

1. Not as much as kingdom hearts
    Donk

2. *sigh*

I remember the rumor that a FF was being worked on as a spiritual successor to 12, with a world as big and open as Skyrim's.

Instead the new news is they're taking an offshoot FF that's been in dev hell for years, and assigning it the next numerical entry? That's such a large disappointment, moreso when you factor in the tasty, pie-in-sky rumor from before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

3. Bah. The only Final Fantasy I care about is IV on my PSP right now that I can play over and over again.

Even though they didn't get the fucking menu noise correct. Agh agh agh.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    Kingdom Hearts sucks.
    I've never understood the hype for the series. I dislike Nomura's work as a game director. KH isn't loose enough for me to enjoy it as an action game or rigid enough for me to enjoy it as some sort of RPG. It's a muddled middle that doesn't work for me.

That being said, I'm curious to see what comes of FFXV. I'd like a return to the non-futuristic styles they've been using recently, but I'm sure to be out of luck. I miss the good old days. My favorites in the series were 6, 7 & 8. I think I'm SOL.
    bastard of the new world order.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Box
    Nomura said for Final Fantasy XV, the team is being careful to make it completely action while retaining Final Fantasy elements, such as you can fight alongside with party members and there will be times you need to plan your strategy. The protagonist Noctis looks cool by his appearance, but he is actually quite a nerd. The reason there was a lengthy silence without any updates was because upgrading the game quality using the Luminous Studio engine, that was the "information ban" period previous mentioned.
    How odd is it that there will be two numbered Final Fantasy games in the first year of the next generation, and neither will be a JRPG? It seems as though this will either bring new fans to the series or finally finalize the final Final Fantasy.

6. Every. Single. Final Fantasy has split the fan base. This one will be no different.
    Donk

7. Based on the Sony press conference trailer, I kind of want to play XV. Subject to change depending on how it develops, of course, but it could be a decent action RPG with a bit of luck. Maybe.

James

8. I agree James, if Final Fantasy XV turns out to be a good action rpg game then I bet people who like good action rpg games will like Final Fantasy XV.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Carter View Post
    I've never understood the hype for the series. I dislike Nomura's work as a game director. KH isn't loose enough for me to enjoy it as an action game or rigid enough for me to enjoy it as some sort of RPG. It's a muddled middle that doesn't work for me.

That being said, I'm curious to see what comes of FFXV. I'd like a return to the non-futuristic styles they've been using recently, but I'm sure to be out of luck. I miss the good old days. My favorites in the series were 6, 7 & 8. I think I'm SOL.
    While not FF games I think RPG's like Lost Odyssey, Infinite Undiscovery, Tales of Vesperia/Xillia might be closer to what you're looking for if you haven't played them already.

10. I want it to be good because the videos make it look like it could be a good action RPG. But SE also found a way to make FF13 look good in videos too, years before we got that trash.

So.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.