Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Etrian Odyssey V - Just Kidding! It's a Weird Remake of EO I!

1. Etrian Odyssey V - Just Kidding! It's a Weird Remake of EO I!

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/26...o-3ds-in-june/

Already?!? Why?

So, EOIV came out in Japan last July. This game is releasing less than a year after IV. Apparently IV was directed by somebody completely different than the main EO dude. This probably explains a lot of the little things people have been saying are pretty different about IV compared to the rest. Like that whole thing where the game is accessible to people who don't constantly snort concentrated, powdered JRPG through a desu straw.

This next one is main EO guy's next big thing, apparently. People are going to be complaining about difficulty so much after this last one...
    Last edited by ChaoofNee; 27 Mar 2013 at 02:09 AM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    Like that whole thing where the game is accessible to people who don't constantly snort concentrated, powdered JRPG through a desu straw.
    And yet this is why people like me decided to take a punt on EO4.

3. Apparently this is a remake of EO1, not EO5. It sounds like a loose remake made in a more traditional JRPG style:

Quote Originally Posted by duckroll on GAF
    - Shin Sekaiju no Meikyuu - Millennium no Shoujo
    - 3DS
    - 6/27 release in Japan
    - 6279yen

Director: Shigeo Komori
    Character Design: Yuji Himukai
    Monster Design: Shin Nagasawa
    Music: Yuzo Koshiro
    Quote Originally Posted by duckroll on GAF
    Okay, way more information (and some scans) have started popping up. This is... really... odd. Definitely a new direction for EO. The graphics and presentation looks the same, pretty much like EO4, except it no longer looks like a "create your own party from the start and just explore" dungeon crawler. Instead there's a main character who you can name (he is voiced in story scenes), and there's a full story where you meet other characters, and they join your party like a story RPG. All the characters appear to be voiced.

The storyline is based on EO1, but there are a ton of changes. The story starts with the main character running into a mysterious girl. The main character is a young man from the Highlands, doing some job for the guild office in Etria, and the girl he runs into is Frederica Irving, who appears to have lost her memory. Her character design has her holding a gun too.

So yeah, an EO1 remake with named characters, voice acting, and more focus on plot. Did anyone really ask for this? It's... somewhat interesting though I must say. It also means you no longer create classes for your party too, since all the party members are actual characters who have their own fixed classes. Hmm...

Yeah, came here to say the same.

Sounds... weird. I might be more into it.

5. It has the Etrian III director. Etrian III is better than IV because of reasons that i can't really tell you except i just like it better. I don't know, but it could be good.
    Donk

6. Oh, reason 1: Etrian IV is a baby game.
    Donk

7. Remember when someone gave me crap because I thought IV was easier?
    It had nothing to do with the demo being a tatarul level. It had everything to do with the demo being a tatarul level.

8. I'm personally looking forward to finding out that the mysterious girl with amnesia is a tree.

9. is actually Seiken Densetsu
    Donk