Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3747495051

Thread: Official 2013 MLB Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Being successful isn't a valid reason to root against a team.
    Probably not, but for me it's tied to a combination of being tired of seeing them there and then beating all the teams I wanted to win. (Yes, those teams should have played better, but still.)

Having a sea of fair weather fans is though. There was basically no such thing as a Red Sox fan until recently. Now you see that shit everywhere.
    Do you think it's more that they are just getting some bravado now due to the team's past decade? I ask because I definitely remember Red Sox fans prior to 2004 - they just weren't as boisterous. Even now, the people I know who were like super "LET'S GO YANKS" are mostly subdued. Obviously, this is in my little world so who knows.

EDIT: Also, I feel bad for that kid from the Cardinals last night. 22 years old and all those good games prior, then boom. Hopefully he doesn't let it get to him. That kid who got picked off, too.

I also love how it didn't matter whether they pitched to Ortiz or walked him.

Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    Do you think it's more that they are just getting some bravado now due to the team's past decade? I ask because I definitely remember Red Sox fans prior to 2004 - they just weren't as boisterous. Even now, the people I know who were like super "LET'S GO YANKS" are mostly subdued. Obviously, this is in my little world so who knows.
    Depending on how you define bravado, I'd argue it's the same thing. If they weren't regularly wearing Red Sox hats before 2008, they're fair weather fans, period. I've worn Mets hats every year for 30+ years and expect the same from anyone else who isn't a fair weather fan. Hats of course are an example. Shirts, jackets, etc. are also acceptable.

edit: And the fact that there were even less Patriot fans than Red Sox fans until 20XX further highlights the type of scum that makes up that area's "fan" base now.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Fuck the Cubs. Being successful isn't a valid reason to root against a team. Having a sea of fair weather fans is though. There was basically no such thing as a Red Sox fan until recently. Now you see that shit everywhere.

I can assure you that there were plenty of Red Sox fans before, but there are a lot of new ones and those people can go get bent

But the equalizer is that the Red Sox winning won't mean very much to them. Go talk to the old timer Red Sox fans, there was lots of crying

4. I hate the Cardinals because I am still salty about 2006. I am a hater and I make no effort in pretending otherwise.

I don't blame the Cardinals for Beltran not being able to get his bat off his shoulder.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I've worn Mets hats every year for 30+ years and expect the same from anyone else who isn't a fair weather fan. Hats of course are an example. Shirts, jackets, etc. are also acceptable.
    I'm a lifetime fair-weather Mets fan. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I hate the Cardinals because I am still salty about 2006. I am a hater and I make no effort in pretending otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I don't blame the Cardinals for Beltran not being able to get his bat off his shoulder.
    I do. Haters gonna hate and all of that.