Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AAA Wasteland

I guess Spore was a pretty quiet release that delivered on all its promises.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

2. All of you are so stupid... i hate you.

What's this thread about. Don't say bad things about etrian you ignoramus. MechNoramus.
    Donk

3. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    To be fair, that glassy-eyed Infamous "I trusted cops... and then they tear-gassed me" lead-in was pretty much the worst intro to anything ever.
    Also in fairness, Watch Dogs doesn't look like a game I've already played.

I guess you skipped AC this gen.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

5. FFVII: AC?

Also Watch Dogs is a puzzle game, like Devil Dice.
    Donk

6. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    If Etrian Odyssey's advertising claimed it was a new paradigm in gaming that would lead the industry into a new era of interactive nirvana, you might have a point. As it is, all the things you mentioned advertise themselves as the games they are. I'm pretty sure all of them are just selling to the established base as well, but that's another problem entirely.
    If we're going to label the games shown in that trailer as nothing more than "disposable testosterone-fueled power fantasies" then you're exaggerating just as much as their press releases. Might as well take it all the way in every way.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    I guess you skipped AC this gen.
    Eh, but it's really not. Or at least I'm hoping not. AC was a decidedly simplistic game.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Eh, but it's really not. Or at least I'm hoping not. AC was a decidedly simplistic game.
    I can't wait for Frogacudas impressions upon playing Watch Dogs.

9. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    If we're going to label the games shown in that trailer as nothing more than "disposable testosterone-fueled power fantasies" then you're exaggerating just as much as their press releases. Might as well take it all the way in every way.
    That's exactly how I see most of the games in that trailer, with the exception of Watch Dogs. It's not hyperbole, it's an accurate description. I'm not even saying I don't like that kind of game. Far Cry 3, Just Cause 2, Saints Row 3, they're all pretty fun and I'm glad I played them. But I'm not going to pretend they're more than they are just because I want to feel like a precious flower who can't settle for stupid entertainment.

James

10. Why do you continue to confuse a sales pitch for cutting and honest commentary?