Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Torment: Tides of Numenera

1. Torment: Tides of Numenera

You've probably heard that a spiritual sequel to Planescape: Torment will be developed by inXile pending successful completion of the ongoing Kickstarter campaign. Now that they passed $3.5M, Chris "Jesus Christ Almighty" Avellone is onboard and we really should have a thread. You know, because PS:T is the best RPG ever.

You can find a bunch of information on the new game here: http://tormentrpg.tumblr.com/vision

Unlike Wasteland 2, Torment will be in 2D, in a very similar style to the Infinity Engine games. They're even sharing technology with Obsidian since Torment and Project Eternity are so similar. I've attached preliminary screenshots and you can find an animated version of the second shot below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4DJSEcjMsE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ahfVi6k.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	307.2 KB 
ID:	69584   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	y6svx0S.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	397.3 KB 
ID:	69585  

2. Hey that screen looks a lot cooler in motion than I thought it did static!

Yay!

3. Oh I kickstarted the shit out of this. All over a collectors edition
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. Forgot about this. Thanks. Kickstarted the physical goods $125 tier.

5. Here's an animated version of the second screenshot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Is2T5ue5d8

This is probably going to break $4M so we'll get that second major city. I'd like to see them break $4.25M for the in-game codex!

6. Yeah, I want that codex and player stronghold badly.

7. Codex and crafting are in, yay.

The December '14 release date kinda worries me. Don't know much work they've already done, or how important it is to stick to that date Kickstarter-wise, but I want them to take their sweet time.

8. Dec '14 should end up reasonable. The engine is being made through project eternity so a lot of that work will already be done for them
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    Codex and crafting are in, yay.

The December '14 release date kinda worries me. Don't know much work they've already done, or how important it is to stick to that date Kickstarter-wise, but I want them to take their sweet time.
    I'm 99% sure that they announced that the game's scope has already gone beyond a 2014 release but the estimated release date generally can't be changed once a project is live.

10. It's not like Kickstarter projects ever come out on time, anyway. Unless they're like 80% done at the time of the campaign.

Seriously, of all the gaming (or non-music, really) Kickstarters I've backed, every single one of them is looking to be significantly late except for Project Fedora.