Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: This "clique" bullshit is going to stop...

1. Originally posted by Nash
    "let's get down to business. i don't got no time to play around, what is this? must be a circus in town. i'll shut the shit down on these clowns. can i get a witness?"
    Hayell yeah!

2. Ah, the fun that is the internet.

This will always happen. ALWAYS. And it will go in cycles. Its just the way these places work. Take GG! in its infancy, for instance. Bahn, Burgundy, it was you two, myself, YAWA, Master MVS, ECM, Haoh and only a handful of others. At the time, we all were on the same wavelength, and all was well. I was stupid enough to think we would never have problems like this, I really was.

But what happens is this, you have a good thing, others join in on this good thing, and then person a and person b dont see eye to eye. Things degrade from there, and then it either fades away, or those people in wuestion are removed. Im not contesting banning anyone at all, this is your corner of the 'net, and how things are handeled, and the after effects of your actions, are all your business. All the same, its not against the rules to voice my opinion, and I know that unlike a certain instance back on GG! where I got some patronizing e-mail from an admin ending with "We both know youre better than that," I wont catch too much flack for it as long as its done in a resonable manor.

If "Teh Rebels" deserve banning for ANY of this (Yes, the avatars, etc. are the one thing being singeled out, but the situation in and of itself should be looked at as a whole), then so does Zidane. And so do I. And so do a few others.

The fact of the matter is, I think the situation should be weighed out as a whole, and then a firm decision made from there. If its decided that things slide for now, but future offenders in this instance are history, cool with me. If its decided that we all have to go, I can understand that, too.

In the end, though, no, "Teh Rebels" didnt have to start this, I didnt have to add fuel to it, and Zidane certainly didnt have to react the way he did, but even in a school system, its not just the person who throws the first punch that gets suspended, but the person who fights back, and even the guy egging them on to begin with. I can except that, I just hope its handeled fairly on all ends. Only when its not, will you run into even MORE problems than what you started with.

-O

3. This isn't elementary school, and I'm not the principal.

If you had continued to bring up a sore subject, you'd have been banned. You didn't.

If Zidane had continiued to behave below the acceptable idiocy level, he would have been banned. As far as I'm concerned, he didn't.

If others had continued to keep their abusive avatars, they'd have been banned. For the most part, they haven't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

4. Gah..there really isn't a "Teh Rebels" that was just a joke. That was my attempt to subtley rib zidane, and talk a little shit about that movie that I dispise so very much, MGS2.

I find that subtlety is the best to drive people insane, along with passive-agressive behavior, and, I do think that changing an avatar to single out any one person is much like what that jacob did. I personally find neither amusing, nor interesting.

Either way, I don't concearn myself with getting banned (beyond the custom status), since I have no actual say in the end anyways.

To reitterate, this "Teh Rebels" thing was just a joke, nothing really more.

/me returns to his checklist of people to drive insane without ever meeting.

5. Jokes are generally supposed to be funny.

Anyway, everyone has graciously complied, so this game is over.

6. Jokes are funny, but if I say

What's the difference between a zit and a catholic preist?

Zits don't come on your face until you are 13

some would take offense.

I think the criteria for a joke, is that some people laugh, not all.

Was and is funny to me, so, that's enough.

7. Oh...

I've discovered the names of Teh Rebels...

...and they've been dead for teh last hundred years!

!

*ominous chord*