Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage Video Game Magazines

Vintage Video Game Magazines

I have a pile of vintage gaming magazines I'd like to sell or trade for loose Famicom games. I am happy to peruse trade lists.

All magazines are in reading condition and don't have major tears or missing pages, but I would not consider them mint.

I'd greatly prefer to fill up flat rate boxes with these, so people interested in multiples will be given priority. Medium flat rate boxes ship for $12 domestically and fit lots of these very well.

References are available at between GameTZ, ebay, neo-geo.com, Shmups, Goozex, etc.

EGM2
    • 1994 - Volume 1, Issues 4, 6

GamePro
    • 1991 - November
    • 1992 - Volume 4, Numbers 1, 3-4, 7-12
    • 1993 - Volume 5, Numbers 1-11
    • 1994 - Nolume 6, Numbers 1-4, 7, 9

Thank you for looking.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 22 Apr 2013 at 02:00 PM.

2. I want most of those, but I'll give everyone else a shot first. Also no idea on values, but I wouldn't want anything expensive. I just want to read them, throw them in a box, and repeat every 10 years or so.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

3. I'd be interested in VG&CE, that's the only mag i dont have a lot of, but flat rate medium box is $12 alone.
    It's probably super lowball, but i will leaf through them once and add them to my shelf of GF, Egm, gamepro, game informer, And Assorted mags.
    But if you'll take $30, that's what they're worth to me.
    Understandable if they're worth more than that to you.

4. I want:

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post

Mega Play

• 1991 - Premier, February
    • 1992 - Volume 3, Numbers 1,2,4
    • 1993 - Volume 4, Number 5,6
    • 1994 - Volume 5, Number 1

Sega Visions

• 1990 - Winter 1990/91
    • 1993 - December/January (Eternal Champions cover)
    • 1994 - August/September, October/November

Nintendo Power

• 1988 - Premiere, September/October, November/December
    • 1989 - January/February, March/April, May/June, July/August, September/October, November/December
    • 1990 - January/February, March/April, May/June, July/August, Volume 16, Volume 18
    • 1991 - Volumes 19, 21-27, 29, 31
    • 1992 - Volumes 34-39, 41-43
    • 1993 - Volumes 44-45
    How's $50 plus shipping sound? I've no idea if that's a lowball, and I genuinely don't want to lowball you (lol). We can work from there if you like.

And what's the surprise?
    Last edited by Melf; 06 Apr 2013 at 07:07 PM.

5. I'd give ya $40 for the 88 and 89 issues of Nintendo Power, had Melf not beaten me to it. Oh well.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

Are any of those Game Players from the period where they went insane and turned it into Mad magazine for games? Those were great.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'd be interested in VG&CE, that's the only mag i dont have a lot of, but flat rate medium box is $12 alone.
    It's probably super lowball, but i will leaf through them once and add them to my shelf of GF, Egm, gamepro, game informer, And Assorted mags.
    But if you'll take $30, that's what they're worth to me.
    Understandable if they're worth more than that to you.
    I need to go grab a couple boxes so I can see what will fit, and I'll let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    I want:

How's $50 plus shipping sound? I've no idea if that's a lowball, and I genuinely don't want to lowball you (lol). We can work from there if you like.

And what's the surprise?
    Same here. If I were you, I wouldn't want to pay $100 for them, so I want to see what kind of shipping we're talking about. Your surprise, which you are now ruining, is the February 21, 1994 issue of Business Week with the Sega cover story.

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Are any of those Game Players from the period where they went insane and turned it into Mad magazine for games? Those were great.
    I don't recall that, so I am guessing not, but I didn't flip through them as I was putting the list together. If you want to see any of this stuff before it goes, let me know.

8. D'oh! You could've just given me a hint! Now I really want to read it.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post

DieHard GameFan
    • 1993 - Volume 1, Issues 6-12
    • 1994 - Volume 2, Issues 1-9

Electronic Gaming Monthly
    • 1991 - Volume 4, Numbers 4, 10-11

Game Player's
    • 1989 - Volume 1, Numbers 3, 6
    • 1990 - Volume 2, Numbers 6, 12
    • 1991 - Volume 3, Number 6

Game Player's Strategy Guide to Game Boy Games
    • 1990 - Volume 1, Numbers 1, 3

GamePro's Handheld Video Games
    • 1991 - Spring, October/November

Turbo Force
    • 1992 - Volume 1

If these will all fit in 1 medium flat rate box I'd take them off your hands. $45 + the shipping?

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    I think that was the Ultra Game Players era, the last few years of the mag.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

I think you're right. I vividly remember the whole Blackthorne review being about how much fun it was to kill the prisoners.