Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Connecting Firewire to a laptop help

1. Connecting Firewire to a laptop help

I've got a HP ENVY 4-1015dx that I need to connect a firewire into to do recording at my practice space. The laptop doesn't have native firewire support, and from what I have read you cannot just get some sort of usb adapter to make it work. So is there some sort of port I am looking for in the inside that will let me put an adapter in? Is it not possible on this model? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

I hate my M Audio USB interface. $50 and its yours.

3. Hmmm, this might work. How many inputs (I don't have that money right now. And did you ever get that speaker from my mother's house?)

You used to be able to buy adapters to go into the PC card slot on laptops since USB wasn't fast enough to handle firewire well, but PCs don't usually have those slots anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Hmmm, this might work. How many inputs (I don't have that money right now. And did you ever get that speaker from my mother's house?)
    it has two, and no I didn't. But I will if it's still there.

I wouldn't let Josh anywhere near my mother.

Too late.

D=

9. So I am screwed on the FireWire front. Well then! Josh I can help you load it up on Mother's Day weekend if you want (the speaker that is

Quarantines recording Saturday. Crofton that sunday, but I don't have a car to haul it. Let me see what I can get together.