Page 1 of 11 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: TxK by Llamasoft (PSV)

TxK by Llamasoft (PSV)

Quote Originally Posted by Eurogamer
    Llamasoft, the two-man studio headed up by legendary developer Jeff Minter, is returning to Tempest for a new PlayStation Vita called TxK.

Although making his name in the '80s with games such as Gridrunner and Attack of the Mutant Camels, Minter's reboot of Tempest for Atari's Jaguar is one of his most fondly remembered titles.

"19 years ago saw the release of one of the best games Llamasoft ever made, a game which came to be recognised as one of the best games on an entire system - Tempest 2000 on the Atari Jaguar," reads Minter's blog. "I've often thought that one day I would like to revisit that game and do some kind of an updated version on modern hardware."

Minter famously did return to the classic shooter template in one of his most high profile games since Tempest 2000, 2008's Space Giraffe - although it proved not to everyone's taste upon its release for the Xbox 360.

"For those players that got what we were trying to do, Space Giraffe could be an almost transcendental experience, and those people who love it REALLY love it," said Minter. "In that I still feel that we succeeded admirably. But I also have to admit that the game was divisive; some people didn't like the complete immersion in eyeball-searing psychedelia and the gameplay modifications that made it not quite the pure shooty T2K upgrade that the initial look of the game seemed to promise."

TxK, then, will be " the pure, straightforward shooter that maybe you hoped for when you first saw Space Giraffe," in Minter's own words. There's no word on release timing, although it's worth keeping an eye on Llamasoft's blog for development updates.
    Link

2. Legendary Hack developer IMO.

3. pc port plz

and keep all the stupid stuff out

4. For all you do, this goat's for you.

5. What? New Gridrunner for Android? For free?

Fuck whatever Vita game I'm not going to actually play.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Minter
    It'll be Vita exclusive for 3 months, then we'll release PC and Mac versions. Maybe iOS, we'll see.
    So it's not marooned on a system I don't need and can't afford right now. All is good with the world.

James

7. Oh, there's good news. Now I actually care.

Please stop shitting up the thread with your useless poor people opinions.

If this was anything but another Jeff Minter goat fucking sim I'd be more upset.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

9. It's a new Tempest, but without the Tempest name due to the usual rights issues. Unless you pretend one geometric shape is your penis and another is a goat, I don't think you've got much to worry about.

James

Considering some of the imagery in Space Giraffe, that's a valid concern.