Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 717192021

Thread: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

1. Shit, so that's what the bunny suit thing is about. Now I feel like an idiot for not getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. Quote Originally Posted by alan_fatima View Post
    Y'all are ruining Glass Joe's magical experience with your ignorant complaints. The last thing a guy wants to see during the honeymoon-phase is TNL bitching about his waifu gameu. Can't you just appreciate how pretty she is without poking holes?
    What good is a waifu if you can't poke the holes?

This game sounds amazing. Gotta pick it up soon.

3. Quote Originally Posted by AstroBlue View Post
    The best hint is that Ravio looks like a bunny which is what Link transforms into when in the Dark World of LttP without a moon Pearl
    Holy crap, you just blew my mind there! Never considered that but it makes perfect sense!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

4. Yeah... Some fans we are, huh?

I played through LttP a few months before playing this, and I didn't get it either.

6. The Japanese box art for this calls it Link to the Past 2, and that's completely true. I like this game way more than I expected.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	japanese-a-link-between-worlds-site.png 
Views:	105 
Size:	374.3 KB 
ID:	73120
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. It has no business being as good as it is, really. I'm still trying to understand it. The weapons are egregiously imbalanced - there's no reason to stun the thing right in front of you with the Hammer when you can stun the whole screen with the Tornado Rod, for example - but balance is no worse than any other Zelda. Better than most, even.

8. The boomerang is more worthless than ever, but it encourages the use of the hookshot. That being the cooler weapon, I'm fine with it. Yanking the shells from the water temple creatures was great fun!

All the little beats from LttP are present, like upgrading the master sword (except now that carries over to the weapons!).

Nifty game. Had it existed on SNES it would be a full-on classic.

I still hate the art style --mostly Link's character design, he looks like Alex Kidd-- but everything moves acceptably so w/e.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 20 Jan 2014 at 03:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!