Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3567

Thread: CISPA

1. Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    No, that's the timeline where Pearce was shot, Shirley's an alcoholic, Jeff lost an arm, Troy injured his larynx, and Annie is severely mentally ill - with no Affordable Care Act to help them!
    Pearce Howtharn

Maybe this is that timeline
    Donk

2. Being liberal doesn't necessarily mean liking the democrats.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Exactly. It infuriates me how many "it's cool to be liberal" types we have on this board who don't grasp obvious stuff like that.
    SOMETIMES I ACTUALLY AGREE WITH YOU. Not really on this board, but on the tweeters and the tumblrs and the internets in general, though i have to say the tides are changing because of the sopas and cispas, if not the issues i'm really concerned about.
    Donk

4. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Being liberal doesn't necessarily mean liking the democrats.
    All of this. Democrats in Congress are fucking terrible. Doesn't mean I'm not liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Being liberal doesn't necessarily mean liking the democrats.
    I totally agree, but only people who bother to think realize that. In fact, being truly liberal almost certainly means not liking the Democrats if you're actually paying attention.

edit: I have no problem with true liberals who have strong beliefs and stand by them. I obviously don't agree with them very often, but I respect them. The "it's cool to be liberal" crowd needs to just be removed from the gene pool.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 29 Apr 2013 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    SOMETIMES I ACTUALLY AGREE WITH YOU. Not really on this board, but on the tweeters and the tumblrs and the internets in general, though i have to say the tides are changing because of the sopas and cispas, if not the issues i'm really concerned about.
    I don't know. Look at the examples I posted where people intentionally omit that CISPA was cosponsored by both a Republican and a Democrat. It's as if they want to stick their heads in the sand and pretend that the Democrats have a fucking clue, when the reality is that the Democrats in Congress are for literally every form of big government, from tax and spend to big brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Exactly. It infuriates me how many "it's cool to be liberal" types we have on this board who don't grasp obvious stuff like that.
    I thought everyone on TNL knew this stuff?

I goes all the way back to Al Gore's wife having a shit over video games and music content.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I thought everyone on TNL knew this stuff?
    You can't possibly read any political thread and think that.

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    All of this. Democrats in Congress are fucking terrible. Doesn't mean I'm not liberal.
    Its all pretty relative. I'm so conservative that I swing back to liberal. Such as on personal freedom and drugs.

Of course, liberal or conservative, you'll come to the same conclusion on many of these issues if you aren't full of feels and you actually take the time to research things and think critically.

10. http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...f71_story.html

^^ Interesting to learn some of the info in this article.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."