Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: EA and Disney Ink Multi-year Star Wars Game Deal

1. Quote Originally Posted by cka View Post
    it looks great on paper for the companies and shareholders, but I think EA's days of trying to turn their image around are gone with that CEO that resigned a month ago
    I'm not a shareholder of either company. As a game fan, I am excited about seeing what developers like Bioware, Visceral, and DICE can do with this license. It's not like it was being well utilized before and those guys make some of the best games out there.

Regarding DLC, whatever. Battlefield 3's Premium DLC is excellent. Bioware puts out great DLC. Judge it when it comes out, as always.

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Was the DLC for Fight Night Champion and SSX all that necessary to enjoy those games?

Yeah, EA have been amongst the worst, when it comes to DLC, but it could possibly change with a new guy running the ship.
    It's not a new guy, the boss is Larry Probst, so probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    EA has a lot more good games to their name than Lucasarts has for the last few gens, so sounds like a net gain to me.
    Except that LucasArts wasn't the sole developer of Star Wars games, and now EA's teams will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Or, you know, they could give the franchises to developers that haven't made some of the best games this generation
    They just did, since, again, I doubt BioWare is doing anything beyond TOR content.

4. I don't want to speculate, but I remember when Bioware said that calling the next Mass Effect game "Mass Effect 4" would be doing it a "disservice." I wonder what that means. The timing is perfect for another Star Wars themed RPG.

EA has the resources to make any type of game. If they want to do another TIE Fighter, they can do it. If they want to do a RTS, they can do it. If they want to do a survival horror Star Wars game they can do it. They are also exclusively in the game business, unlike Lucasarts, which went up and down and constantly reorganized over the past decade. I'm no Star Wars fanboy but I really can't see how this is anything but good news for those who are.
    Last edited by Diff-chan; 07 May 2013 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    EA has the resources to make any type of game. If they want to do another TIE Fighter, they can do it. If they want to do a RTS, they can do it. If they want to do a survival horror Star Wars game they can do it. They are also exclusively in the game business, unlike Lucasarts, which went up and down and constantly reorganized over the past decade. I'm no Star Wars fanboy but I really can't see how this is anything but good news for those who are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Except that LucasArts wasn't the sole developer of Star Wars games, and now EA's teams will be.
    And that doesn't get into all the baggage EA brings, like project $10, frivolous DLC, Origin exclusivity, etc.

Other than Mass Effect, EA hasn't published anything I would put anywhere near the top of this generation. Yes, they can do anything, but someone else can do everything better.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 07 May 2013 at 10:10 AM.

6. Do you really think Lucasarts was doing a good job with the franchise the past generation? We got Force Unleashed, TOR, Star Wars Kinect (one of the worst games ever), and a bunch of Clone Wars and Lego junk. That's it. This just wasn't a priority for Lucasarts. With EA it will be.

Yea maybe on another planet Lucasarts was readying Relic for a Star Wars RTS and Naughty Dog for Star Wars Uncharted and Larry Holland for TIE Fighter 2, but here in the real world, that wasn't happening.

That's fair. Don't give EA ideas though. The last thing we need is them buying more good studios.

8. Soul Calibur IV is the best Star Wars game of the PS360 generation.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Well there's seven more Star Wars Pinball tables in the mooring, so that's not strictly true.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    The fact that you haven't beaten Mirror's Edge makes your opinion valueless.
    Mirror's Edge wasn't THAT good.

I actually can't believe it but I agree with Yoshi in that one developer having exclusive rights to the SW games is shitty. I get it that Lucasarts wasn't doing much with the IP, but being exclusive to EA isn't an improvement IMHO.

It's a shame Factor 5 is basically dead, The Rogue Squadron series was awesome minus the on foot stuff in the 3rd one.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.