Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: EA and Disney Ink Multi-year Star Wars Game Deal

1. Oh shit, episode 7 title confirmed! Scum and Villainy sounds like a Star Warsy GTA, set in Mos Eisley. I think I would have dug that.

Also EA today registered, or at least today the internet discovered that EA had registered "Star Wars Attack Squadron" as a trademark.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/07/28/di...adron-domains/
    Last edited by Error; 29 Jul 2013 at 09:37 PM.

2. I'm a little surprise Jedi Knight 3 never made it. The first two were pretty good at the time.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

3. Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    Oh shit, episode 7 title confirmed!
    Nah, the book in question has been out since 2008. If there was ever anything to that idea, it was just going to be a game that George allowed them to call Episode 7 because he was done making movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

4. Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    I'm a little surprise Jedi Knight 3 never made it. The first two were pretty good at the time.
    I thought it did? or was Jedi Academy another thing

5. Different thing.

This could be interesting.

7. Amy Hennig joining Visceral as creative director for their Star Wars game(s) is pretty cool, hopefully it turns out great. I really liked the original Dead Space, haven't played DS2 yet, but even what I saw of Dead Space 3, as an action game with co-op and weapon combinations it seemed fairly interesting and technically sound (although those who played it can speak to that far better than I can). Unfortunately it abandoned the hooks and the atmosphere that made the franchise initially great, there was some micro-transaction garbage, and it sounds like the story was terrible, but maybe making the move to the Star Wars franchise and adding Hennig to the talent at Visceral can really pay off with a great game.

8. All 3 Dead Space games are very good. The MT stuff in DS3 was totally 100% overblown and don't affect the game negatively at all.

The ironic (?) thing was that Disney canned Star Wars 1313 which looked a lot like Uncharted in the SW universe.

9. As a huge fan of Hennig, I'm really bummed by this news. I don't really give a shit about anything EA puts out and I couldn't possibly care less about Star Wars.

The series is getting another infusion of talent.