Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: EA and Disney Ink Multi-year Star Wars Game Deal

1. Didn't Criterion recently reveal that they're not working on a racing game?

Criterion-developed Rogue Squadron.

Wing Commander vs Tie Fighter plz

3. Quote Originally Posted by cka View Post
    thought about this a bit more, now I'm crest-fallen because Platinum won't be able to make the game The Force Unleashed should've been
    This is what I mean. Terrible developers have been making disappointing games with this license for years. We all knew 1313 was going to be crap too. Now we got great developers working on it and people are sad (also on NeoGAF). Mind-boggling.

I'd like to see Visceral get another crack at a melee combat game. Dante's Inferno wasn't good but it had potential.

5. Quote Originally Posted by cka View Post
    thought about this a bit more, now I'm crest-fallen because Platinum won't be able to make the game The Force Unleashed should've been
    You know the entire Vanquish team left to form Tango immediately after that game was released, right? Not that the rest of Platinum hasn't made some good games, but I'm assuming you're making a Vanquish connection.

6. more MGR honestly, as it seems like it'd be the better engine-drop-in for a star wars game since there's already a sword and whatnot

7. Oh, you said The Force Unleashed. For some inexplicable reason I thought you said 1313, which is closer to Vanquish.

8. They have to recoup all that money they sunk into TOR somehow.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

9. This could be fantastic news. I'm optimistic.

There is one quote that comes to mind though:

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as though millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror..."
    Last edited by Error; 06 May 2013 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    "I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as though millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror..."
    Exactly.

Besides the facts that the BioWare reference likely only refers to more TOR content, and I have never actually finished a Visceral or DICE game, I thought of a way this could get even worse. Disney could sell exclusives to the console companies.