Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 81011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: EA and Disney Ink Multi-year Star Wars Game Deal

1. Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    why are they even announcing this now? What sense does that make?
    It's Star Wars day. That's why.

2. Makes more sense that EA would put Respawn on something that has a chance of selling than...well, Titanfall 2...

I had a lot of fun with that game, but you have to admit there wasn't much furor for that thing outside it's hype cycle and few weeks after release. With this news, Respawn's obvious talent will get tied to something instantly recognizable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

3. They're making Titanfall 2

4. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    They're making Titanfall 2
    I know, but if it was the only thing they were working on, hardly anyone would give a shit. It may have been possible that EA would be seriously considering closing/consolidating Respawn if that were the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

5. Respawn isn't owned by EA, I don't believe. Exclusive publishing but not owned.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    I know, but if it was the only thing they were working on, hardly anyone would give a shit. It may have been possible that EA would be seriously considering closing/consolidating Respawn if that were the case.
    Titanfall 1 actually sold well. It's also a great game which counts for something. It just didn't have the legs they wanted. It's a good candidate for a sequel IMO.

It sold well because Xbox early adopters had to find a way to justify their purchases to themselves. The PC version was dead in like a week by all accounts, which is more telling.

8. I don't think that's entirely fair though. Respawn's main audience was on the 360, everyone wanted to see what the COD guys were going to do. Not many people play Modern Warfare on the PC for multi.

That is also telling.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    It sold well because Xbox early adopters had to find a way to justify their purchases to themselves. The PC version was dead in like a week by all accounts, which is more telling.
    It is telling, that PC gamers are dumb.