Page 1 of 16 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: PlayStation VR

PlayStation VR

If we have a Project Morpheus thread, I couldn't find it. I really like the way Sony appears to be marketing this:

Plus, as discussed in that series' thread, Danganronpa would be a killer app for me.

2. One thing I am curious about, and it may have already been stated and I couldn't tell for sure from that video, is can this be used simply as head mounted screen? Could I play any PS4 game on the PSVR and simply have it displayed? I'm all for what VR has to offer, but it would certainly be nice to play games that have no VR functionality with it as well.

3. Meaningless until there's a killer app.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. Do not want.
    Boo, Hiss.

5. I definitely want it, but unless there's a couple of great games that take full advantage of its capabilities and aren't available on PC I'm not going to bother.

6. Technologically Sony's HMD isn't super thrilling compared to the Valve and Oculus headsets, but I'm interested in seeing Sony push decently-budgeted VR projects instead of minigames and demos.

Thing is, so far, Oculus seems to at least be matching Sony's efforts in that area. Playstation VR and the Rift are both getting EVE Valkyrie, which could be the first big-budget polished VR title, but Oculus is also funding that Insomniac game and Lucky's Tale. The rest of the Playstation VR stuff seems bite-sized.

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog
    Meaningless until there's a killer app.
    I wouldn't go that far, since VR demos and minigames can be pretty amazing while the whole thing is still novel, but I ultimately agree that VR needs real-ass Great Games. It has some pretty good games (Alien Isolation, Elite Dangerous, Quake 2, Trackmania 2), and they're certainly better in VR than in traditional play, but they're inconvenient configuration-wise and overall far from polished in their VR implementation. Not consumer-ready.

VR aside, if be perfectly happy if it doubles as a second screen for regular games. I could play Phantom Pain forever.

8. You don't need a bright screen an inch in front of your face to do that. This stuff is going to nuke eyeballs.

Fuck your melatonin.

10. I don't think I need a thing that makes games even more immersive. I already have trouble disconnecting and rewiring my brain after a few hours.
    Boo, Hiss.