Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 91112131415 LastLast

Thread: EA and Disney Ink Multi-year Star Wars Game Deal

1. I'd say it's just telling that PC players don't really care nearly as much about FPS' as console players do anymore, but yeah. As the debacle that has been the PC community for the Division has shown, I'm not even surprised why people avoid the platform for almost anything competitive except MOBAs, strategy games, and CS:GO.

2. So EA announced today that there is a new Battlefront coming next year. They didn't specify if it was that previously announced VR version or if it was something else.

They also mentioned that the Visceral game is coming in 2018.

http://venturebeat.com/2016/05/10/st...llows-in-2018/

The Battlefront is a new game with content from the new movies. I think I can resist that, unless they have some really creative new modes or something.

4. So goodbye Amy Hennig's Star Wars game, and also Visceral Studios.

https://kotaku.com/ea-shuts-down-vis...mes-1819623990

Focus tested games are as shitty as focus tested movies. Take a fucking chance instead of chasing the market. Make something worthwhile.

Sigh, I know that's not what Star Wars and Disney is all about, but clearly Uncharted is all over and now they're going with something they can make $$$ on with microtransactions. Probably something like Destiny or Borderlands.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

6. Focus testing itself isn't the problem—but it's potentially an indication they're solving creative problems in very uncreative ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. Guys, are we making a single player, linear storyline Star Wars game in 2018?

Yeah... we're going to need to pivot that idea into something that will continuously keep the player playing and spending money.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

8. RIP single player

Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    Guys, are we making a single player, linear storyline Star Wars game in 2018?

Yeah... we're going to need to pivot that idea into something that will continuously keep the player playing and spending money.
    twilik sex dungeon simulator

10. Alright there Jabba the Cheeks