Thread: Chrome's throwin' malware notices left and right today

1. Chrome's throwin' malware notices left and right today

I've been getting malware notices for certain threads. Looks like one of the companies running ads is known to distribute malware and Chrome detected it? It's never happened before. Thought you might like to know. Happens in the Obama thread the last couple times I queue'd it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

2. damn that obama

you can always shut off phishing and malware protection in chrome to shut those messages up, but I probably wouldn't recommend it unless you've got a decent-ish real-time malware scanner going

4. 1) China.

2) If you updated Chrome they are using a new version of WebKit that is crazy vigilant about 3rd party cookies and giving errors as a result.

5. Chrome is quite overzealous. If this continues and affects a lot of users, I will temporarily turn off ads, but it is almost 100% certain that these are false alarms or exaggerations. Remember, Google makes its money selling ads, so the fact that it is always tagging other companies' ads as malware is kind of suspicious.

6. I use Chrome. I never have a problem here.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. When I die, I must go before Chrome, and he will ask me, "what is the riddle of browsing?" And if I do not know it, he will cast me out of the Internet and laugh at me. That's Chrome. Strong on his server.

8. Chrome isn't strong, boy. Flesh is stronger. That is strength, boy. That is power: the strength and power of flesh. What is Chrome compared to the hand that wields it?

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

Mzo did it.