Page 112 of 121 FirstFirst ... 98108110111112113114116 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1206

Thread: Marvel Movies: Phase 3 and Beyond

1. We have time machines, timelines don't matter any more

2. Plot holes aside, it was pretty fucking great. It does indeed feel like the end of an era, but for someone who grew up religiously reading Marvel comics, it was one hell of a wonderful ride.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    There’s an interview out there with the Russo’s about the Cap ending. They kind of explain the oddities. I can’t remember where I read it to link it. I think yahoo?
    Thor continues to be amazing in these. I hope they keep him as is.

I really don’t think Cap’s ending is that confusing or breaks any “rules” they “established”. He had to turn in all the stones to clip the timelines. The only reason they couldn’t jump timelines multiple times over was because Hank Pym got dusted (they had 3, oh whoops 2, return trips left when time heist began). Cap closes the timelines and leaves one open (probably the timestone one because of Ancient One being so cool) to life a long life w Peggy. She dies, and because he’s Captain Freaking America he morally does what’s right and returns to the original timeline (using pym particles or whatever the fuck now that they’re in supply again) closing his own story w Peggy and bestows the mantle on Sam.

All of these rules were established by Prof Hulk and Ancient One.

Endgame was great fun but a bit long. Curious to see what’s next for this universe. It should stay weird, because it’s best when it does that. The visual of Prof Hulk and Rocket riding in the back of a rickety old pick up truck made me very happy.

About Cap

I'm kinda leaning towards the theory that Cap's ending is fine. It was established that Peggy got married to a war veteran sometime after Agent Carter, presumably in the late 40's or early 50's. This mystery husband was never named, and even on her death bed she loved Steve and made no mention of her husband. So, single timeline, it was Steve all along, old Steve made sure to bug out while Peggy was in the hospital in Winter Soldier since he knew younger self would be around and couldn't know anything. Only problem with this is it means he was kissing his own niece at one point.

Nerd shit.

5. At least she's not his Niece by blood. Because obviously Steve had no siblings, so its a niece on Peggy's side.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

6. Stop naggin me, Peg, that was twenty years in the future!
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

7. The one things that bugs me is the fact that they brought everyone back five years after they were killed. So, is Peter Parker now five years younger/behind all of his fellow classmates? In the Far From Home trailer MJ, Ned, Flash, and everyone else is there (as opposed to being off in college) and apparently the same exact age, so does that mean they were all dusted too? Who has been ruling Wakanda all this time, and will they be willing to just give up their throne now that T'Challa is magically back? And so on and so on.

Plus, Peter didn't seem to remember/realize that he was dead for five years when he was brought back, so are they going to deal with all of these people being told they were gone for all that time? What could that do to them mentally? What about the people they left behind that presumably moved on and now have all of these people thrust back into their lives? What about the changes to society as a whole that would have taken place in light of half the population suddenly vanishing? I think it would have been easier if Hulk just undid Thanos' snap exactly when it happened to avoid all this weirdness.

Of course, I assume that absolutely NONE of this will be addressed going forward and everyone will just be happy happy happy, so whatever.

BTW, new Spider-Man trailer. They mention that Thanos' snap has opened portals to other universes ("You mean to tell me there's a Multiverse?"), so I assume that will eventually lead to alternate-reality versions of characters popping up? And maybe Spider-Gwen?

Mysterio is claiming to be from a parallel-dimension Earth, but of course he's probably just bullshitting 'cause he's Mysterio and all.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 07 May 2019 at 09:53 AM.

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. Can we talk about how good that Mysterio looks? They had the balls to do fishbowl.

9. maybe they swap places.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    Can we talk about how good that Mysterio looks? They had the balls to do fishbowl.
    Very happy about that. I have a soft spot for Spidey's goofy foes and Mysterio was one I thought we'd never get to see.