Page 118 of 121 FirstFirst ... 104114116117118119120 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1206

Thread: Marvel Movies: Phase 3 and Beyond

Always bet on black.

2. I hope the new guy is Blade Jr. and Wesley cameos as his dad.

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    You say that, yet Inhumans was still unwatchable --that has actually been to market and failed big time. From what I can tell there's not a lot of daylight between Inhumans and the Eternals, except the Inhumans were actually a thing. Calling it now, big flop.

Weird property for them to bet heavy on.
    I'll admit that Eternals is a bit of a head-scratcher, but like Bacon said you can't really compare a big-budget, star-studded marvel movie and a low-budget TV show like Inhumans with no major names and limp marketing push that resulted in my not even knowing it had aired until after it was cancelled.

I recall reading some old Eternals stuff (although I could be confusing it with New Gods? All of Kirby's otherworldly shit was similarly weird), and I recall it being decent. I do remember an old Iron Man annual from my youth when Jim Rhodes was filling in for Drunk Tony and he encountered them and that was a fun read. I'll guess we'll see!

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Guardians had that nice comics refresh in Annihilation that worked as a Proof Of Concept for 'Movie Guardians', the characters 'in their modern form' were established and road-tested in the funnybooks. Hell, the entire basis for MCU Avengers is exactly "The Ultimates" (2002). Well liked and they already worked on a page.
    Yeah, but what worked as a comic doesn't guarantee it'll work in live-action, and vice versa. I'm pretty sure I've read that the success of the MCU hasn't really translated to higher comic book sales at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    He's killed a bunch of roles I've seen him in. House of Cards, Luke Cage, Hidden Figures, Moonlight, Spiderverse.
    Spiderverse? I'm not going to check Google and guess that he played Prowler or Miles' dad (since the guy is, like, 45)?

*EDIT* I checked Google, he was indeed Prowler. And he was good.

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    This is the key for me. If it weren't Waititi doing the directing I'd be worried, but this dude is awesome and has made the (to me) best Marvel movie so far
    Ragnarok was great but possibly a bit too silly here and there? But whatever, the dude gets a lifetime pass from me just for What We Do in the Shadows. That movie is awesome.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 22 Jul 2019 at 04:32 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. I hope at least a couple of the upcoming films will be R-rated. Deadpool and Logan did well enough.

4. Marvel consistently hits it out of the park w their movies. They’ll need another large arc to pull the movies together though imo but not as big as the Thanos build pls. Strange has a lot of potential and I’d love to see a Doom and FF folded in somehow.

Eternals seems a bit too grandiose. But there could be a style like Gunn did w Guardians that could make it really fun. There’s also an obvious Thanos tie-in there people can latch on to and be introduced to that world.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 23 Jul 2019 at 01:00 AM.

5. Marvel has had some misses, let's not rewrite history completely. I don't think they've had a total strikeout yet, but we're due.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post

Ragnarok was great but possibly a bit too silly here and there? But whatever, the dude gets a lifetime pass from me just for What We Do in the Shadows. That movie is awesome.
    It was silly, and it's the best movie because of it.

I can totally deal with silly in my movies about gods and magic nazis and big green rage monsters.

8. Another big piece of weirdly-overlooked news from the Marvel Hall H panel I just now heard about: as the title suggests, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings will feature - for real this time - the Mandarin, played by Tony Leung.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

9. Tony Leung? Now you have my attention.

Cool, I thought they forgot about "the real Mandarin is out there" thing from the shorts.