Page 3 of 121 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Movies: Phase 3 and Beyond

1. District 9 kicked unholy amounts of ass. I can't remember the last time a movie blindsided me like that. It doesn't happen often enough.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I like popcorn movies.
    I'd like to see some big budget explodofests not based on toys or comics.
    How many of those has Disney made again?

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    It's not just Disney. It's also Warner with Batman. Sony with their endless Spiderman reboots. DC is going to try to do the same thing with their characters.

It's not just that it's all that seems to come out these days. It's also that the movies are really really bad.
    So it's Disney plus two series that have resulted in, what six movies in ten years or something? We still got new Die Hards and new AvP and other stuff in that time. Unfortunately, those certainly weren't flagship entries in their series, but it's not like they aren't coming out.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 09 May 2013 at 02:11 PM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Like SSJN said, these movies are crowding out the rest of the action movie landscape.
    They're also knocking it out of the park at the box office. It's gonna take a lot of financial failures for studios to give up on the comic book money machine.

I'm not sure what you and all the other people out there who hate these movies want. Other action/sci-fi/comedy movies are getting made, but look at last weekend at the box office. IM3 did around 175 million, right behind that was a Michael Bay action/comedy with 7.5 million and a couple of places behind was the Tom Cruise sci-fi/action flick with 5.5 million. People are voting with their dollars and overwhelming supporting comic book adaptations.

I'm a huge fan of Marvel creating a living universe throughout their films. It's something that hasn't been done before in the movie industry on this scale.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

Soon enough Disney will be giving us five straight years of Star Wars movies. That should make Diff and SSJN happy.

5. Naw, they'll find something to hate about them then complain about it whenever it's in an appropriate place.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

6. Quote Originally Posted by Timber View Post
    I'm a huge fan of Marvel creating a living universe throughout their films. It's something that hasn't been done before in the movie industry on this scale.
    I'd be a fan if the movies were good. I didn't and don't read comic books, so there's no fanservice for me here. These are not good movies, so I don't want any more of them. Pretty simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Soon enough Disney will be giving us five straight years of Star Wars movies. That should make Diff and SSJN happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timber View Post
    Naw, they'll find something to hate about them then complain about it whenever it's in an appropriate place.
    I don't even plan to watch those new Star Wars movies.

7. How many movies made are "good" in your opinion?

You come off as one of those people who complain about 99% of all movies and can't understand why anyone would ever enjoy most of them. Which to me seems like you just don't enjoy the medium or have way to high of an expectation of everything you watch.

8. I wouldn't agree to the extent that Diff does, but a lot of these comic movies are legitimately awful with the only redeeming feature being the license. So if you have no attachment to the license then there's nothing there.

I guess part of that is also going to be the argument of, "If I enjoyed it then it's not a bad movie," but I'll freely admit many of the movies I've enjoyed are absolute trash (hello Transformers).

9. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    As someone who hates all of these movies, I care because it is sucking all the oxygen out of the room. I'm not saying that summer movie fare was great before, but it was more interesting than friggin comic book adaptions. Comic books. Comic books.
    It really never ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Like SSJN said, these movies are crowding out the rest of the action movie landscape.
    Jason Statham, Arnold S. and 2 Stallone movies coming out in the last year kind of betray that idea. There are more superhero movies, for sure. And if you don't like melodrama in tights and capes then that's fine. But the trend isn't harming ANYTHING. If anything it helped something like Kick Ass get made, because a lot of the directors who aren't brand names understand these characters.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 09 May 2013 at 04:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

10. Quote Originally Posted by Timber View Post
    right behind that was a Michael Bay action/comedy with 7.5 million and a couple of places behind was the Tom Cruise sci-fi/action flick with 5.5 million.
    One of those movies should never have been made, and those who participated in it should be ashamed, so I'm glad it made no money.
    I liked the Tom Cruise sci fi action movie, but it wasn't very good.