Page 4 of 121 FirstFirst ... 23456818 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Movies: Phase 3 and Beyond

1. Pain & Gain is already profitable, but that's because the budget was tiny compared to the other 2 movies I mentioned.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Tom Cruise sci fi action movie
    Those words should never, ever appear together.

3. Minority Report was great.

4. Yoshi hates anything related to minorities.

lol

6. War of the Worlds was decent as well.

7. There will be forever be loud summer blockbuster movies. At least now they have decent characters and universal continuity (somewhat). That's fun. With that I'd like everyone to keep in mind Diffusion is huge in to lady-drama shows so his taste may simply not apply here.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

8. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I'd like everyone to keep in mind Diffusion is huge in to lady-drama shows so his taste may simply not apply here.
    Excellent point. I'm sure if The Avengers just took the time to talk out their differences, and maybe browse the fabric aisle of the local art supply store while they're at it, he'd find a new appreciation for comic book movies.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

9. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Like SSJN said, these movies are crowding out the rest of the action movie landscape.
    So like, how does this happen? Does Marvel/DC have a yuppie gang that goes around beating other movie studio execs with nunchuks and threaten to shove Iron Man/Green Lantern figures up their asses?

Other movies will come out regardless of whether a comic book movie is coming out and typically they come out during summer blockbuster season. The Marvel movies tend to do well because there's a demand for them so there will continue to be more Marvel movies until nobody wants to see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I'd be a fan if the movies were good. I didn't and don't read comic books, so there's no fanservice for me here. These are not good movies, so I don't want any more of them. Pretty simple.
    I'd be interested in hearing why you thought none of them were good.

Of all the Marvel produced movies (Iron Man 1-3, Captain America, Thor, Avengers) I can't think of any of them being bad movies. Sure there may be certain issues here and there either due to limited budget, script/story issues, or limited technology but nothing to the degree in which I won't watch the movie at all and can call them objectively bad. Same goes for the Nolan Batman and Spider-Man movies although Spider-Man 3 drops the ball pretty hard so I'll give you that one but there are worse movies out there that aren't even superhero based and hey, you're perfectly free to just not go to Guardians of the Galaxy and watch The Hangover 5 instead.

Anyway, it's one thing to simply not be a fan of the superhero movie genre but to say none of them were any good is pretty crazy to me.
    Last edited by Will; 09 May 2013 at 08:23 PM.

10. I like Push. They should make a sequel to that.