Page 97 of 121 FirstFirst ... 83939596979899101111 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Movies: Phase 3 and Beyond

1. Well, you're right that Monica Rambeaux is cooler. And Kamala Khan, for that matter. (Nextwave movie plz)

Hopefully the CM movie will deliver Carol the one thing that's really always been keeping her at arm's length from stardom: An actual, well-defined personality.

And really, the movies have had a pretty good track record with that. Captain America was stale saltines before Evans breathed some life into him, Ant-Man had never been particularly likable, the Guardians had gotten better with a revamp but were still channeling that 90's badass team comic vibe a little too unironically. The movies lent much stronger templates and voices for those characters to springboard from in comics and media going forward than the actual comics ever did.
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 24 Dec 2018 at 12:03 AM.

2. A Nextwave movie by the Spiderverse team would rip the doors off everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Marvel has had multiple Superman level characters, they never work out as that isn't what Marvel is about.
    Tell that to Marvel. They keep trying, for some reason.

4. Sentry was great!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Neal Adams often stated the DC effed up by having Hal in the movie. For most people under a certain age, John Stewart is Green Lantern.
    I agree with him.
    I'm not going to get involved in the Hal vs Stewart argument (ok they both suck it should be Kyle), but I just wanted to say Neal Adams is batshit certifiably mother fucking insane. Also a pain in the ass to work for (first hand experience).
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

6. If you take the Green Lantern movie and change Hal Jordan to John Stewart but otherwise it's the same precise movie - where GL saved a helicopter from crashing by creating a magical green race-car and race track to whisk it to safety - it wouldn't make one bit of difference. It didn't help that people in the audience were laughing at how terrible the bad guy was. It was just a bad movie.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    That wasn't the point, but whatever. Read it, don't, disagree. It's not important.
    I think you need to go back and read your posts, because that certainly seemed to be your point.

Yeah, Steve Rogers not being Cap for a few months since World War fucking II is EXACTLY the same thing as what Marvel's done with Danvers. Exactly.
    Exactly, he can't be trusted. Thanks for agreeing with me!

Guys, it's a comics movie. Comics fans gonna nitpick.
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Superman is boring.
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Personally, I preferred the Monica Rambeau (her black pilot friend in the movie) version of CM. She was much cooler and likely more powerful.
    I did enjoy her in Nextwave. That was a fun book.

As Dole said though, it's just nerd nitpicking, lol.
    Eh, like I've never done it here and there. We're all guilty.

It's guess its actually fine for the films because all the heroes in the MCU are new. I don't know how they'll handle her and Rogue, but it would be interesting to see if they go anywhere with that.
    HMM. See, that's the interesting thing about the X-Men eventually winding up in the MCU. The Fox versions were hit-or-miss but were removed enough from the comics that the eventual MCU reboot versions can be fresh simply by adhering more directly to the comics, and it would be cool to have Rogue and Danvers do their old-school storyline where Rogue steals her powers and renders her basically retarded. Then we have a heart-lifting movie dedicated to Danvers learning how to eat and go boom-boom for herself again. Epic blockbuster!

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    A Nextwave movie by the Spiderverse team would rip the doors off everything.
    Holy mother of fuck would it ever.

I'd certainly be willing to oversee the casting of Elsa Bloodstone...
    Last edited by Dolemite; 24 Dec 2018 at 09:55 PM.

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. Not knowing anything about the plot, but I assume Mysterio is probably responsible for the big monster he's fighting in order to pretend to be a hero?

9. Wait wait Spiderman was dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Wait wait Spiderman was dead
    OMG they fucking spoiled everything!!!