Page 58 of 121 FirstFirst ... 445456575859606272 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Movies: Phase 3 and Beyond

1. Quote Originally Posted by cka View Post
    disney doesn't need any more shit, the world is getting kind of bad with the mega conglomorates

2. nyc 2023 lookin good

3. Y'know what's really weird in this deal? Murdoch apparently intends to keep the Fox broadcast network (along with the Fox News and Sports cable channels), but sell the studio that makes all its content and their 1/3 ownership stake in Hulu, a.k.a. the way an ever-increasing portion of the audience (especially young people) opts to watch said content. Seems like the network is just gonna be a giant money sink at that point - buying shows will get them way less return on investment than making them, especially if the production company keeps the streaming and home video rights (as Disney definitely would in this case). Wonder if the plan is to just shutter it in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

4. There is no reason they can't open new production companies after they sell these ones. Disney might simply be making an issue of buying all of the things connected to their properties so as to avoid future rights holder issues.

And maybe there is some deal in the works for broadcasting Disney movies.

AND the NFL rights might work their way into it as well. Disney currently owns Monday Night Football. Maybe Disney passes the rights on to Fox.

5. Reports are the Disney/Fox deal is done. Looks like the Fantastic Four, Doctor Doom, X-Men, Deadpool, the word "mutant," and everything else is now in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

It's probably impossible at this point, but I think Disney should delay Avengers 4 and throw $20 million at Hugh Jackman for a cameo. It probably wouldn't make any sense, however, since Jackman wouldn't continue with the role after that and would have to be re-cast anyway. But still, it would be cool.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 08 Dec 2017 at 05:16 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Reports are the Disney/Fox deal is done. Looks like the Fantastic Four, Doctor Doom, X-Men, Deadpool, the word "mutant," and everything else is now in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
    =(, if i wasn't already burnt out on disney superheroes.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

7. An after credits scene for Avengers 3 could be the same kind of thing they did where Magneto and Charles walk in to find him in a bar. Maybe not EXACTLY the same, but something similar. An effect of one of the gems once shit starts going down.

8. I'm just bummed that they wasted Mads Mikkelsen as a Doctor Strange villain. He would have been perfect as Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    =(, if i wasn't already burnt out on disney superheroes.
    I think this will freshen things up, actually. But hey, no one forces you at gunpoint to watch these movies.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 08 Dec 2017 at 05:25 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

9. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    I'm just bummed that they wasted Mads Mikkelsen as a Doctor Strange villain. He would have been perfect as Doom.

I think this will freshen things up, actually. But hey, no one forces you at gunpoint to watch these movies.
    Yeah, but i did generally look forwards to the very hit or miss that fox was doing with the x-men. Alot was bad, but when it was good it was different good. Now it will be more of the same. Just liked the variety of people who could break from formula.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

10. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by Disney owning the mutants again. I think Deadpool for one is going to benefit quite a bit from having the whole range of characters. That joke about the studio only being able to afford 2 heroes was cute but it was true.

Disney is just going to get on the phone with a bunch of agents and ask "who wants to make some money?"