Page 87 of 121 FirstFirst ... 7383858687888991101 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Movies: Phase 3 and Beyond

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    during the earlier showings, we'd literally be the only people in the theater. That's always a lot of fun.
    Hole in the popcorn bucket kind of fun?
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

2. Not in that sticky, run-down theater. Ugh.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    But you are looking at it a bit wrong. Every marvel movie feels the same. These fox ones felt different. Removing the diversity is not going to reduce superhero fatigue, i already don't want 80% of these movies anymore, and i used to love superheroes.
    This makes them missing the mark even more bittersweet for me. When they get it right it’s very good. Magneto in the latest ones was terrific. But the rug is always pulled out.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Also, Strange did what he did despite saying he wouldnt because of what he saw. I can already see the scene in my head that’ll be at the end of the next movie. ”I had to make sure you lived Tony, that was the one future in which we eventually won.”
    I don't have a problem with this one. I think it still adheres to what he initially tells Stark (the stone > everyone) in the end. If Dr. Strange didn't use the Time Stone to check, it would have become something to add to the list of "why didn't X do Y?"

5. My complaint was with how poorly it was telegraphed, not that it happened.

6. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Pretty sure Gamora is in the Soul Stone, and that his "vision" of her is an actual manifestation of that.
    Yeah, it's really transparent. I'm expecting some form of soul stone giving-up-what-you-love "magic" makes that thing you gave up part of the stone, she drives him nuts, but absorbs some of his megalomania, and then she's one of the Ultimate Sacrifices with Cap & Tony (and whoever else has a person to take up their mantle & is out of contract).

Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Honestly, the only thing I didn't like about this movie was Star-Lord spazzing out when they were on the verge of winning and basically causing half the universe to die. If someone straight up killed his retarded ass while he was smacking Thanos it would have been totally justified. Really stupid.
    See, that's actually good writing and execution. You're supposed to be angry about that - it's realistic. He makes that speech about the human half of him being stupid and then he does something a hot-blooded, idiot human would definitely do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    If Dr. Strange didn't use the Time Stone to check, it would have become something to add to the list of "why didn't X do Y?"
    Yeah, I noticed a lot of "holding the runner on" moments like this throughout the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    See, that's actually good writing and execution. You're supposed to be angry about that - it's realistic. He makes that speech about the human half of him being stupid and then he does something a hot-blooded, idiot human would definitely do.
    It's certainly consistent with the way Quill acted in Guardians 2, as soon as he learned Dadoo killed his mom he didn't take a moment to question or think, he immediately started John Wooing his ass.

That was pretty great in that movie. Not so much here.

8. I mean, the Starlord scene was incredibly telegraphed. You had to know that was coming from the moment Thanos got the Soul Stone. Did you think the movie was just going to end there or something?

I thought the movie was a lot of fun! The most fun Marvel movie I've seen so far.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    That scene seemed neither realistic or like good writing to me. Even within the confines of his character. It completely took me out of the movie.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

10. why couldn’t Strange rewind time and stop Quill from actiing a fool? Why were they bitching about being stuck on the ship when Strange can create portals to anywhere? In fact, why couldnt Strange do any of the shit we saw him do in his movie to help stop/ impede Thanos’ gathering of the stones? Why the eff didnt scarlet witch join the fight sooner? what good was she doing observing Vision? I like that Groot became part of the hammer, but couldnt they come up with a better reason than “derp where did the handle go?”
    Overall, I really liked it and enjoyed my time watching it. But as usual with these dumb movies as soon as you allow a neuron or two to start firing they fall apart.