Page 72 of 121 FirstFirst ... 586870717273747686 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Movies: Phase 3 and Beyond

1. There's no winning. Throw 3 through Genesys in the trash, watch Sarah Conner Chronicles if you need some extra Terminator for whatever reason, call it a day.

Is T2-3D still going on at Universal? That was fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Genesys was fine because the series ended at 2. This is just fan fiction territory.

I’ll even say I liked the nostalgia bomb at the beginning.

3. The Dark Horse Comics Terminator books were a lot of fun at the time, I can't imagine they hold up. They ended up with some kind of Terminator vs. Predator vs. Alien Resurrection shitposting at the end.

4. I plan to see Black Panther since it looks promising, but I'm annoyed at the popular websites being populated with 10 out of 10 or 5 out of 5 or 0 and 1/2 star reviews from people who haven't even seen the movie. Trying to find a real review among the users on Rotten Tomatoes or Metacritic is almost impossible.

5. Just find a couple reviewers whose tastes you trust and check in with them for whatever movies come out. Your average rando reviewer's opinion isn't worth a shit.

6. Never look at user reviews.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Just find a couple reviewers whose tastes you trust and check in with them for whatever movies come out. Your average rando reviewer's opinion isn't worth a shit.
    Yeah I get that, but something seems amiss here. There are usually a handful of "super reviewers" on rotten tomatoes and there are none here. I don't usually see THIS many reviews that say they haven't even seen the movie and a good chunk of the 0 or 1/2 ratings seem to be canned SJW complaints. From what I heard of the movie itself it sounds like something I might like and I plan to see it, though.

8. Tip: Rotten Tomatoes is horseshit. Pinocchio is Certified Fresh! (What! Who Cares!)

9. Every user review is written by one of three people: the smitten fangirl/fanboy who thinks the work in question is perfect and will hear no criticism, the rageaholic asshole who just couldn't get on with his life without getting off his chest how much he hated it (often without even actually watching/reading/playing/etc, but rather for what he perceives to be the work's politics), and the OCD weirdo who reviews literally every piece of media s/he consumes, even though they rarely have anything worthwhile to say about it. None of these people's opinions are useful.

Anyway, anybody else notice that Black Panther and Thor: Ragnarok are the same movie? :P

•Protagonist is prince of fantastical kingdom set apart from human civilization
    •He must step up to lead his people after his father’s passing
    •In the wake of his father’s death, he learns a terrible secret his father had kept from him all his life
    •The main conflict revolves around dealing with the fallout of his father’s awful mistake
    Last edited by Space Pirate Roberts; 20 Feb 2018 at 05:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

10. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Tip: Rotten Tomatoes is horseshit. Pinocchio is Certified Fresh! (What! Who Cares!)
    I don't disagree. They were better before IGN took them over. Funny you mention Pinocchio since I like that movie quite a bit (the animated Disney movie).

BTW, I'm under the impression that many of the Black Panther user reviews on certain websites are fake PR reviews and I'm disappointed that my point was missed. I understand that most user reviews are crap, but these are crappier than usual and RT doesn't even have their usual "super reviewer" reviews. I personally don't care about lame reviews from people who haven't seen the movie that claim it's racist, but I do care about not being able to get actual info about the movie from critics (though I trust them more than the lame user reviews) or user reviews due to lame PR.
    Last edited by Brianvgplayer; 20 Feb 2018 at 11:43 PM.